Channel 4: The hunt for the tightest people in Britain

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
CLAIREZKKTV
Learner Laner

Channel 4: The hunt for the tightest people in Britain

Post by CLAIREZKKTV »

I am currently undertaking the hunt for the tightest - most frugal - people in Britain for a Channel 4 half hour documentary. The idea is to pick up lots of money-saving tips from people who are extremely careful with their cash to help us out in the credit crunch.

I’m celebrating tightness as a good way to be and I want to meet and learn money-saving tips which I can incorporate in to my life.

Please nominate your most frugal mate (or granny, uncle, boyfriend, date, wife, husband…or yourself)!

Please call Claire Braden today on 0207 482 5885 or email me money.saving@zkktv.com

I look forward to hearing from you.
Best wishes,
Claire
Claire braden
ZKKTV
0207482 5885
Dean H
Lively Laner

Post by Dean H »

MY father in law must be the tightest bloke in Britain, if he found a sticking plaster in the gutter he would cut himself so that he could use it!
He even went on holiday to France and took wine with him !
(I kid you not!)
Dean. :shock:
I may have to grow older, but it doesn't mean I have to grow up!
Dave
Legendary Laner

Post by Dave »

he sounds so tight i bet he owes himself
money
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
chickenchaser
Legendary Laner

Post by chickenchaser »

Wow Richard,

You're attracting all these show-biz types to the Forum now.
Your fame and sage advice is obviously highly prized in the glitzy circles you must now be moving in.

If they make the programme I will definitely watch it if you're the star (f+ (f+
Jackie xx
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

It isn't my life, it's my good looks.

Strangely I was approached by 'The One Show' the other day, but I don't think that's until next year sometime !

However,

I've spoken to Claire this morning and the ideal would seem to me to be a family situation where everyone is joining in the frugal life.

How I read it is more that a person has changed their lifestyle to have a quality life, but using their own resources and skills rather than buying things.
Sort of - "I can't afford that, but if I .........."

So, if you do know a family who come into that bracket, please ask them and let Sally know.

It sounds like a good, light hearted look at those who are making a difference in their lifes, non conformists maybe - but definately better off for it !

Thanks, Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome