breaking the mould - new ideas

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Julie, don't worry about wearing old clothes, might as well get the use out of them. :) I moved into my house 11 years ago, I looked in the loft for the first time about 5 years ago, I was amazed, six black bin bags of ladies clothes, all in my size. I think what had happened was the previous occupier was a widower, his wife died some years before, he had bagged her clothes up presumably intending them to go to a charity shop I would guess. I kept about half of them, giving the rest to a charity shop. Doubled my wardrobe overnight )t'

Ilona
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

When my children were young they wore 'hand-me-downs'.
Now they've left home I wear the 'hand-me-ups' they left behind.

I visit the hens every morning wearing my mother-in-law's dressing gown, which I inherited 6 years ago.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Meanqueen wrote:I've been looking for castor oil, can't find any. Booooots don't stock it, Holllllandandbarrrrrett don't stock it, not in sooooooperdrug or other cut price shops, might try a local chemist next.

Ilona

Hi Ilona - Have just managed to buy some castor oil.....from Booooots!!!! Thought you may be able to try another branch ? (it was behind the pharmacy counter bit). It was only just over £1.

Helen
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Thanks for that p.penn. I spoke to the pharmacy assistant at my Scunny branch and he said they had stopped keeping it, so I will try another branch. )t'

Ilona
julie2
Legendary Laner

Post by julie2 »

You know this sun flower "seed" oil, is it just the normal sun flower oil. I'd hate to be doing my face with the wrong stuff. lol
chickens rock!!!