Any free Cockeral takers in lancashire?

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
davensony
Learner Laner

Any free Cockeral takers in lancashire?

Post by davensony »

Hi,
I've just hatched my 1st little batch of chicks(the natural way, using a broody) ive got 7 healthy chicks that are currently only 3 weeks old, they're a mixed bunch( cream legbar x welsummer +various!) at the minute Im pretty sure(about 90%) that there are 3 males(ive already caught 2 of them having a little crowing practise sesh)) I'm happy to keep them until they mature a bit(maybe a couple more months) but once they start crowing loudly keeping them just wouldn't be an option as I live in a built up housing estate and I think id get lynched, So ideally id like to try my best to find homes for the boys or give them to somebody that will get good use out of them(even if its just raising them for meat) before having to resort to despatching them myself

So im just trying to find out in advance if anybody knows of somebody that would take them of my hands in the Lancashire area(im in Blackburn) obviously they would be free and I could also deliver locally for no charge.

thanks for any advise

david