pickled eggs

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
essentialequine
Lively Laner

pickled eggs

Post by essentialequine »

well I made my first batch of pickled eggs tonight, from the ones we found in the hay shed, will let you know how they taste in a couple of weeks, did them with garlic(shop bought) and home grown chilies. only did two jars incase they are yuk lol
chickentina
Legendary Laner

Post by chickentina »

hi

i have also done my first batch of pickled eggs....have just put them in pickling vinegar though..not to adventurous as they were for my mum and she doesn,t like anything too different if you know what i mean!

but i have put them in jars and cut out some christmassy foil paper and put over the lid with an elastic band (a bit like when you make jam) i have also put a sticky label on the front with the date etc....gonna do some more when i have some more egg build up....today my mum bought 6 off me and my mother in law bought 6 off me....

when you do garlic eggs do you just put crushed garlic in the vinegar?

and what other flavours can i do?

thanks

tina xx
mum to five lovely children, nine gorgeous girls, two adorable cats a bouncey border collie pup and a patient loving hubby xxxxx
4 french hens
Longlasting Laner

Post by 4 french hens »

chilli, mustard, green curry, see my previous postings on this under food and drink.

Mike
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
essentialequine
Lively Laner

Post by essentialequine »

not sure who's receipie I used but it was one I found on here, where you put the vinegar, crushed garlic and chilies in a pan, simmer for 10minutes, strain let cool and pour over the eggs.

Great idea about puting christmas paper ove the lid.