the joy of thrift

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

the joy of thrift

Post by Bollybarb »

you are all ahead of your time!

article here

don't think they really 'get it' why wold i spend £13 on a book i could borrow from libary?!!

But has anyone read 'how to feed your whole family a healthy balanced diet................garlic chrusher'? wondering wehter it worth the 80 reservation fee!!
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

I don't think it is very frugal buying a book off someone who admittedly earns and wastes a lot of money, telling us how to be frugal :shock:

I am sure that the people on this website especially Richard know more than she ever will about frugality :-D
misty
Legendary Laner

Post by misty »

Who is this woman? Sounds like the same breed that write for the Sunday supplements. They live in a world I don't really understand.
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

LOOK, quick, a bandwagon - jump jump!!!!!!
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Whoopee, I've got a good idea to write a book on how to live cheaply, it will cost a fortune, but some people will be daft enough to buy it, and then I can go out and spend a lot more money. Well here's one mug who won't

Ilona
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I think most people deep down know where they can save money. There's not much written where we don't say 'that's a new idea'.
But articles and books are good for the reminders.

I liked the joke I got for the Latest Diary Entry

With the current market turmoil, what's the easiest way to make a small fortune?
Start off with a large one.
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
quickchick
Learner Laner

Post by quickchick »

WHO IS SHE!!!!!!

I have to say that it really gets on my nerves to be preached at by somebody who obviously feels that she has ondergone some sort of "frugal conversion",..... hmmm I don't think so......

Frankly I think she's got some front, to write an article about something for which she appears to have a lack of basic understanding. Her many references to her past money management disasters do not fill me with confidence in her credentials as a "frugal guru"

that's my rant!!!!
Becky
taff
Longlasting Laner

Post by taff »

I think it all depends on where you're coming from. For most people on this forum, frugality is a way of life. For others who were born earlier, being frugal or even the necessity of being frugal would never occur to them, so if you were in this position, I can see the benefits of buying/borrowing this book, as a reminder, or even as first steps.
I'm not averse to listening to anyone regarding frugal tips, no matter what their background - if it makes sense, I'll do it.
Of course, I'd still borrow it from the library should I want to read it ;)
to err is human..to moo, bovine...