Landrover Discovery replacement key

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Landrover Discovery replacement key

Post by Spreckly »

This has not been a frugal year thus far. New iron, replacement part for the cooker, washing machine playing up, and when OH brought me back home from A & E last Sunday, he discovered that part of his car key had disintegrated. I had not taken my handbag, and the only key was damaged. After two and a half hours at the hospital, I needed to get home. Happily OH managed to open the car, and start the ignition up. He is now using my key.

The cost of a new key is over two hundred pounds!!!! Oh for the days of ordinary car locks and wind down windows. We have booked in for the replacement key, but have to wait for an appointment until mid April!
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Re: Landrover Discovery replacement key

Post by Freeranger »

Will PM you about this as we had the same palava with ours but managed without a new one - it's a bit of a faff, but cheap!
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Thank you Freeranger.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

The Landrover key saga, is, I hope, sorted.

We found that we could still use the key, by depressing the chip with another key, but it wasn't the answer, and two of my sons nagged me to get it sorted. One of them found an ebay site which sells the plastic casing. This arrived today, and OH swopped the innards. It was a bit fiddly, and I still had visions of the Landrover garage, but it is working.

The cost was a fiver.