I am having a go.

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Re: I am having a go.

Post by Meanqueen »

I have spent a few hundred quid on vets over the last six months. My two remaining pets shouldn't cost a lot, one is on tablets at £5 a month, and their food isn't expensive. Keeping my fingers crossed that my young lady cats don't get ill.

Ilona
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi all have been buying presents for every day leading up to Valentine . Cheap rings , dresses ,chocolates. Looking to pick wild flowers /bushes . So far holly bush twig and dead leaves .
Ultimate for the last day is a valentine card . Writing it and drawing a picture on the front . Have had many suggestions for the inside . suck as a wallet and I am all yours . A chicken with It is for me really. Heart with a arrow through it . Picture of SHMBO on front and a picture of me .
Lot s and lots . Only big problem , cannot draw and write neat . Wonder if she who must be obeyed will stick it on the fridge like her grandchilds .....
Bob
P s still waiting for my presents , might settle for a kiss..... Real smoothie....
ChickenCarol
Longlasting Laner

Post by ChickenCarol »

Bob, you do make me laugh. You are such a smoothie yourself. Hope you get your kiss and your card gets rightfully displayed.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

I got better a huge bar of chocolate ,Toffee /hazel nut . (Eaten it just now at work the whole lot ). Got a back up and something else as well .
Going to see Wipers times play up London in March .
WW1 paper written in the trenches . Brothers treat .
Bob
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi all , Spending money again . 2 x 25 kilo bag Mixed corn some Fancy name 13.00pounds.
Went to the veg and fruit and 6 pounds for 25/30 cabbages for chickens . job lot .
12 pounds for a case of oranges . Share with SHMBO . Grapes 1 pound a bowl . x 4 3pounds .
Notice other than oranges of which I had a dozen the rest for my animals .
Cat food tomorrow.
Last of the 10kilo mealworms started (mix in the corn .) . I must stop staring at my flock as I am feeding them every time . (They eat it all as well.)
Bob
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

hi , Another 13pounds Thurs for meds -chicken eye drops prescription only .Thought they might be for contact lens but super market said no.
6 quid for cat food , 2x loaves brown bread (40pence each) 2 x biscuits 30 pence each. dry cat food 1.06pence tin cat x6x1 2.25pence Corn flakes 39pence......
Bottom line starve one self -animals get fat. ,I should be a stick but a fat lump.
No extra cash this week so all in the minus . Payday two weeks of but still going strong .
Bought 500 pounds of euros at 1.1526 =pound . thought a good rate . Do not need till April , but every time a Polotician opens there mouths it goes down again.
Bob
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi today 30 pounds fuel. Claim third party against driver hit rear of van -save 400 pounds all inclusive .(takes longer but hay ho) Not sure of time saving.
Plus a few pounds worth of eggs but spent that over and over.
Bob
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

All going well, always the unexpected !!

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi all not spent any money as such aother than the dog food and cat food.
But thinking of spending lots . Not exactly frugal thinking so guilty I suppose .
Bob
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi I am saving money on holidays , gone from japan to New Zealand via Canada .Asking for lots of quotes and SHMBO will have the final say on how much .(Even looking at a camper van hire and drive. How that will be a holiday for me I do not know . ) I want 5 star hotels , budget girl wants 3/4 b and b . Not quite the same.
Not spent any money yet but planning it .
Bob
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Youth hostels are very good in New Zealand Bob, in some cracking places and you can get private rooms in some of them rather than dorms. Plus they have kitchen and clothes washing facilities too which is very handy and helps keep the costs down. And not just for young ones either. Might be worth looking into. If you find any that take your fancy, join the international YHA and you'll be good.
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi Do not think I will show SHMBO that . I like my All inclusive Butler service holidays .
So far ranging from 3,000pp to 4,500pp .
Depends on length of time , places to visit and flights .
Probably stay over in Singapore both ways for a couple of days . Be away a month and not expecting much change from 10,000.00 . That is not including putting the girls and boys in health farm and dogs will have to be homed / dog kennels.
But till I get the dates firmed up not much I can get sorted.
Bob.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi all , Saved a fortune , sent a few quid , made a few quid .
I believe all in all I have saved and better off.
Still a few days left .
My egg tin 9coinage from egg sales is now 65 pounds . Not profit as such as vet,food straw etc cost a lot more .But the point is it is in a tin and not my pocket . Savings ?Got a lot tp save for a months holidy at the chicken health farm .
Bob
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi all , well I might seem to have spent a lot this month but it would seem as long as I do not go out on a spending binge tonight , I have saved a lot.
(Bank balance proves that.)
It is the thought when shopping do I need that , can I do with this and aavoiding the super market as much as possible.
Cannot say it will last , but it is in the mind and they say 3weeks is habit forming.
Wish smoking was as easy .
Not many pleasures left for me and smoking will be the next to go for sure .
Bob
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

You seem to have planned a lot of spending though. Is the holiday booked?
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire