A late entry but had to share it!!

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
wildlifemad
Lively Laner

A late entry but had to share it!!

Post by wildlifemad »

Hi all

I know the month has gone but I just wanted to share my savings with you, hope you don't mind!!
Car insurance for 2 cars, so renewal came I phone up & ask "is that the best price you can do?" They come back with a discount of £82! Great I say I'll have a phone around & come back to you.Do some phoning & get the price down by another £42! Phoned 1st company back but they had given me their best deal so I had to leave them after 5yrs. So total saving from original renewal was £124.45!
House insurance (buildings & contents) came through,gave me discount of £35 got that bettered for a total saving of £54.16! Very happy with both of those & as I always say you never know how a company is until you have to claim (hopefully that won't happen).
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: A late entry but had to share it!!

Post by Mo »

Well done. It doesn't seem fair that they try it on like that.
I've been saving on my phone & broadband. I get an email from Money Saving Expert, recently there were £150 cashback offers to change to Sky or BT. I contacted them to ask about deals, had a couple of good offers, but SIL thought I should go for fibre, so went back to Plusnet, and will be getting fibre for less than I now pay for slow broadband, and not have to change my email address.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Re: A late entry but had to share it!!

Post by Richard »

)like(
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome