Breakdown Membership

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
wildlifemad
Lively Laner

Breakdown Membership

Post by wildlifemad »

We've just had our breakdown renewal from RAC & it had only gone up £9.02 from last year. But they have more money than me so haggle time again! Just come off the phone, got a reduction of £18.28 & 3 months free so taking into account the cost of the 3 free months I have saved £42.21!! I am very happy with that!
wendy

Re: Breakdown Membership

Post by wendy »

)like(
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

That's great !!

Just the sort of thing we like to know about.

Thanks

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Years ago membership benefits were very simple, nowadays there is a long menu to choose from. To be honest I get fed up of ringing them every year but it has to be done. We go through the menu, I tell them what I want to be covered for. I got them to knock off the driving abroad cover, not needed. I found I was paying to be covered as a passenger in any other car. If their car broke down my RAC policy would kick in. Now it's my car which is covered, not me, a bit cheaper.

They try and pile on the benefits, it's up to the customer to tell them the level of cover they need. I consider a £5 a year increase is normal, anything over that and I am complaining. I also complain while I am on the phone, that I am a valued long term customer, and should be getting a discount for that. Threaten to leave and they listen. Good on you wildlife

Ilona
wildlifemad
Lively Laner

Post by wildlifemad »

I always battle for a better price on all my renewals but as Meanqueen says nothing is given up front for being loyal! My Hubby has had this policy for 31 years (before we were together!!) & the last time we called them out was year 2000 when someone hit us from behind & it was Hubby's company car we were in at the time with no breakdown cover!!
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

My RAC cover is free for 3 years )w( When I was buying my new car through the car dealer last year, I remember reading something about free RAC cover (home and away) and when I finally got round to checking all the paper-work, it definitely said 3 years.