tights and sunflowers..

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Willow
Legendary Laner

tights and sunflowers..

Post by Willow »

Buy a pack of sunflower seeds and plant as many as you can.. you get the pleasure of these lovely blooms for ages, just leave them in place to die and dry and the birds get the pleasure of the seed heads in autumn..
I never throw old tights away.. they make the kindest, strongest plant ties you can get!!
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

I have quite a few packets of seed, various different flowers, all free with a gardening mag that I subscribed to. I shall put them on eBay and those that don't sell I'll scatter around the garden and see what comes up )t'

Long time since worn tights except on going out occasions - ie rarely :-D But I will bear it in mind in case I ladder any.
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Kate - just a word of warning, if they are packets you get free you shouldn't really be selling them on. Many of them do have 'not for re-sale' printed on them.
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

They all have a retail price on them
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Chatting last night after dance club we mentioned sunflowers. (by some weird coincidence)
My friend was a nursery teacher and grew sunflowers with the class. She had planned a whole weeks work on the topic. But when she came in on the Monday, someone had cut them all down!!
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

That's awful Mo, such a shame, was it vandalism? Did they steal them as well? +cry+

Ilona
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

The mind does boggle at what some folk (probably kids) will do for a giggle; they don't thinkof the hurt they can cause. my apologies to any kids who may be offended by my sweeping generalisation. xx
Bah Humbug
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Meanqueen wrote:That's awful Mo, such a shame, was it vandalism? Did they steal them as well? +cry+

Ilona

Yes I think it was vandalism, I don't know what they did, it just seemed incredible, like the time our playgroup shed was broken into and our bulk buy of toilet rolls draped about.