Tights under trousers.

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
echelon
Longlasting Laner

Tights under trousers.

Post by echelon »

You might have already thought of this or even be doing it, but I've found that if you put a pair of tights on under trousers then the layers trap the warm air and it keeps your legs warm )t'

I don't know if this would appeal much to the men on the forum, but it does work very well! :-D

(f+ (f+ (f+
wendy

Post by wendy »

When on late turn and walking [my husband was police officer] he used to wear tights and long johns. He still came home frozen in the mornings. They do work.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
echelon
Longlasting Laner

Post by echelon »

)t'
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

When I worked in the post office (many years ago.....) it was something that a lot of the postmen did to try to keep warm :-D
echelon
Longlasting Laner

Post by echelon »

Oh, crumbs, the blokes have got in first then!!!!!!! *lol*
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Yuk tights, how revolting. What’s wrong with hold ups or stockings? Tights eurrrrgh!
Bah Humbug
echelon
Longlasting Laner

Post by echelon »

Hold ups! No, I can't stand them - they fall down. Tights are awful to get on, but I'm too hot now! The sun is shining where we are!
spudley
Legendary Laner

Post by spudley »

i dont wear trousers, all my working digging and walking is done in skirts. Not short skirts though, i have a couple of knee length ones but they are mostly long skirts. I wear tights in the winter and then if needed a pair of thermal long johns over them. I am plenty warm enough (have done several ice walks in skirts and even climbed a frozen waterfall)

Tights are warm. S-S not hold ups as the elastic tends to go after a bit and its hard work keeping them up then when digging!!!!! if you let them slop around the ankles the dogs think them fair game. Also with them and stockings your botty gets cold!!!

(oh in the summer I dont wear tights, and when worling/walking and there is noone around and I need to be a bit more flexable I jsut revert to childhood and tuck skirt in knickers to keep it out of the way )ot:
5 dogs, 15 chickens (6 ex batts) 1 cockerel, and very limited tech skills
smallholderwannabe
Lively Laner

Post by smallholderwannabe »

tights + trousers = lack of air flow = tendency to cystitis :oops:

so I stick to socks + trousers = warm toes.

My job means that I am on my feet a lot so I need sensible shoes which cope well with the extra thickness of socks. Besides, socks are not expensive and last ages longer than tights.

When the kids lived at home, the only problem was pairing up everybody's black socks in 2 or 3 different sizes.
wendy

Post by wendy »

I don't wear tights under trousers, for the above reason. I have always suffered.
But it isn't often the guys get this problem.

Why is it you put 12 pairs of socks in the machine and 24 odd ones come out ??
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Chicken on the Hill
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chicken on the Hill »

Used to wear cycle shorts and tights under my uniform dress when I worked on a supermarket deli. Socks and pants are one of lifes mysteries. My husband must have had about 25 pairs of boxers, all of which I packed when he went away. I've had to buy him about 20 more pairs since. I know there are such creatures as 'underpants gnomes', it said so on 'Southpark'.
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

I have 4 men in this house - we have a sock bag in the laundry and every so often I go through to try to match some up. Luckily the lads don't seem to mind wearing odd ones but David does like matching ones!
chickenchaser
Legendary Laner

Post by chickenchaser »

I have just stocked up on thermal socks - £2.00 fpr 2 pairs from Primark.

Lovely, soft, comfy and warm. I have bought 12 pairs (f+
Jackie xx
echelon
Longlasting Laner

Post by echelon »

I got some thermal vests from Marks & Sparks, but they come down too far and I feel silly :?
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Can't you trim the bottom and hem it?

I got some great black opaque tights from Sadsa 4 for £2, they're great with a skirt and boots )t' And harder wearing for when the dog jumps up at me :shock:

And when I take him out I put my jeans on and a pair of socks, they are good insualtion :-D