Tights under trousers.

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Badger_Lady
Lively Laner

Post by Badger_Lady »

Even better - legwarmers are back! £1 a pair in Asda, nice woolly soft tubes...
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

I think I've still got some from the first time round!! :shock:
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

As far as tights under trousers go, ( for the blokes) just think of the sensibilities of the nurses should you end up in A&E. Tights under trousers.....mmm Stockings!!!!!EEEEKKK!! the ultra embarrasment :oops: My hubby wore large tights under the bike leathers when we went touring Ireland, it's amazing how much difference it makes.
Looove chucks!
wendy

Post by wendy »

I think it is a risk they take LOL
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
RoomandKitchen
Lively Laner

Post by RoomandKitchen »

I used to do a lot of field work as a student usually the North West Highlands in December

The system was underpants, tights, leggings, water proof over trousers but....it is very and I mean very important to count the layers down should you need to answer the call of nature :oops: it was a close call but disaster averted !!
sharon the chauffeur
Longlasting Laner

Post by sharon the chauffeur »

two leg warmers on each leg, 1 for the lower leg near ankle and the other over the knee , you never feel the cold , and give of a warm glow, and whos to know maybe for the arms also?ie elbows?!
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I am often dashing in from a dog walk, doing a jig as I frantically try and put the key in the key hole, rushing through the house to the lavvy, then grabbing at my nether regions to pull the whole lot down in one go. Phew, that was close, ha ha :-D

Ilona
misty
Legendary Laner

Post by misty »

Just before coming on here I was nagging my o/h to wear long johns under his trousers. He's knee has started to hurt with the cold and he is in and out with work and lifting heavy machines. I will find them out tonight. Initially we got them for riding in the winter plus chaps! When I take the dog for a walk or doing stuff outside I wear my suede chaps (over 20 years old). You do need a jumper and jacket to cover your bum but they keep the cold and wind out.
liskeardjane
Lively Laner

Great idea!

Post by liskeardjane »

My classroom is north facing and part of the old grammar school building, and built from granite and once the door opens to let children in and out.....it's cold for the rest of the day! I wear old tights under trousers, no one can see the holes and socks over those to keep my feet warm! I do this for winter walks too....it saves throwing clothes out because they've got a bit holey.
Trying to live a simpler life.
http://frugalincornwall.blogspot.com/