This Christmas I am not shopping!

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Teasal
Longlasting Laner

Post by Teasal »

This cutting back on shopping is hard on businesses, but I think for most people, definitely me, it is a necessity. Believe me, there is nothing I would like more at Christmas than to have one big spree, but it would mean a frightening debt after Christmas, so I think people are thinking the same thing ....although there will always be those who buy now, and worry when the credit card bill comes in January, when all the presents are gone, and the food eaten.
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

That's the scary thing - its lovely spending now, but when the bill comes in you cannot remember what you bought, and mostly people cannot remember what they have been given :? (Well except for Illona's friends and relatives - who could forget a gift wrapped tin of baked beans etc :-D :-D :-D )

One year my hubby was given a gift wrapped KwikSave carrier bag as a joke )j; And this year I have bought him a book of Spam recipes and two tins of Spam (plus a few other nice things too) )t'
jennyf
Lively Laner

Post by jennyf »

I usually buy animal charity cards. I send to friends and family members that we don't see.

Hubby and I just buy a few small'ish pressies for each other simply because I like to open some on Christmas morning.