Heating Cover with British Gas

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I use the Calor people to service my Calor boiler.
I could have a service agreement, but the man said it would probably work out as cheap to pay as I went so that's what I do (I don't believe in buying insurance unless it's for something I wouldn't be able to afford if it happened - like a house fire, or a 3rd party accident claim)
I agree that it's hard to find a good plumber, and when you've found one they retire and hand over to a son who may not be as good.

All the good workmen, plumbers, builders, garages seem to have been snapped up by the insurance companies so how can we find a reliable 'little man'.
Stig
Lively Laner

Post by Stig »

I like Pond's post. Should we even be talking about central heating if we're interested in self reliance, let alone insurance cover for the boiler!

30 years ago the self reliant would have stripped & repaired his own boiler if it stopped working. I don't advise we should try this - in fact it is probably illegal! Just shows how new "neccesities" are always adding up as time goes by.

For the record, I've got gas central heating AND boiler cover...
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

)ot: but if you are in the market for a new boiler or insulation check out

http://www.warmfront.co.uk/

we did and it appears that we are eligable for the max grant for new boiler! Result!
(and it is ilegal to touch the boiler unless you are corgi registared)
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!