Britains tightest Person C4 Fri.9th.Feb

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
charlwood1005
Lively Laner

Post by charlwood1005 »

They should have called it

'How to Survive the Credit Crunch without getting into debt'

(f+
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

Seems to me that there is frugal and mean.

Illona, I thought you looked great on the programme, a really happy smiley person.

But the farmer who never gave his wife a present or took her out without her paying, he just annoyed me, I thought that was mean. As in mean spirited. You can give someone a present you've made yourself, got from a charity shop, or flowers you've picked, it doesn't have to cost much, but does show you care.

And the other guy that didn't live with his girlfriend and child, well, I thought that was a false economy - two households to run and all the bills twice, also petrol driving between the two - he could buy a whole lot of candles for all those costs...
lou
Legendary Laner

Post by lou »

Hi Ilona, haven't had a chance to come on before, but wanted to say well done to you!
I was all proud saying i know her! lol!!
I think someone should devote a whole prgramme to you though, you have loads more to share and all the veg you grow etc...
Maybe you could make a series!!!!
"Happiness is making the most of what you have."
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Thanks Lou, I have emailed Claire, suggesting she do a whole programme about me, living with a family for a week who need to learn about frugal living because their finances are spiralling out of control. A bit like the nanny thing, sorting the kids out, I could sort out their spending. Can you just imagine me teaching people how to shop, ha ha, it would be great fun.

Ilona
lou
Legendary Laner

Post by lou »

Ilona thats brilliant idea!
"Happiness is making the most of what you have."
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Great idea Ilona

Lets hope you get it!! Its worht a try! )t'

Stace
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
echelon
Longlasting Laner

Post by echelon »

Oh, yeah, that's a fantastic idea Ilona!!!!!

You can come around to my house and teach my kids a thing or two - I'm always getting on to them about not wasting stuff and switching the lights off etc.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

That's it Ilona, put yourself forward. You could approach the local papers and ask if you could do a weekly column for a nominal fee. Sort of 'Meanqueens tips of the week'.

With the Nationals, you could put yourself forward as one of those "We asked Frugal Meanqueen what she thought about.......". Don't know if you'd get dosh for that though.

Either ways, it's composing some sort of press release.

We're all determined you should make the most of this !

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

These all sound like excellent ideas, and for once it would be reality TV worth watching!

Illona I really think the world could be your oyster (or should that be a nice frugal tinned pilchard :? )
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Yes Ilona- I agree, go for it! There is something in the old saying 'strike while the iron is hot'!! )t'

Or should it be 'when the iron is never switched on as that is the frugal way' ? :-D
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
taff
Longlasting Laner

Post by taff »

Fantastic Idea, I'd definitely watch that!!
to err is human..to moo, bovine...
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Sorry guys, Claire has emailed me back, September Films are already doing a programme like that, with a man. I'll have to think of another idea. Still trying to keep it going, a journalist from the Yorkshire Post is coming tomorrow.

Ilona
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

I bet he won't be a patch on you Illona )dwn:
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Wasnt meant to be Ilona you will go to better things! )t'

Stace
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"