Meanqueen I was Wondering How Do You.......

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

My Son And his g/f both take ages in the shower (not together i might add) :oops:

Stace
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
smallholderwannabe
Lively Laner

Post by smallholderwannabe »

I well remember my teenage son having 45 minute showers when he first discovered "clean". I used to have £ signs spinning in front of my eyes and was also bothered about how seriously un-green it was.

And my daughters used to tidy their room by putting all clothes in the wash, whether, clean, dirty or halfway. I just refolded neatly the clean ones and returned them a couple of days later... :-D

Now that it is just OH and me at home, I wash as infrequently as I can get away with.

Does anybody else have a problem getting laundry dry before it goes a bit smelly? What is your solution? I have a tumbledryer that was a godsend when I was ill but I try VERY hard not to use it when I am fine.
Hawthorn
Lively Laner

Post by Hawthorn »

We don't have a problem really, no. I have two airers, so it's spread out quite well, and we have the heating on very low - small house, and is quite warm most of the time. It's also well ventilated here (read draughty LOL)
Kidding - but we do have an air brick which lets a lot of moisture out, I suppose - certainly lets the cold in when the wind is blowing right.
I lay stuff on the radiators and turn them over every hour or so, then shift stuff from the airers to the radiators.
In the summer, it all gets dried outside.

If you are using airers, it's best not to overcrowd them - air needs to be able to circulate, or it will get musty smelling.
'Some family trees are full of nuts'
Teasal
Longlasting Laner

Post by Teasal »

At my old house I used to have an airing rack above the Rayburn. Used to hang wet clothes up last thing at night, and they would be dry next morning ....really miss that.

No central heating here, and in winter, I do struggle to get washing dry. Did managed to hang some out in the cold frosty weather though.

I usually put it on a rack in the spare bedroom, although it does take ages to dry. With only the two of us, its not really a problem, as we do not have that much washing. In fact round the farm I tend to wear my jods and fleece top until they are covered in hay, or mud, and then put them for washing.