Frugal pants!

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Mad Chick

Frugal pants!

Post by Mad Chick »

While Mr Mad was getting dressed this morning, I thoughtfully watched him putting on his boxers :oops: They looked a little worse for wear and I told him that he really needs to bin those now that there is more hole that fabric! He replied that they are his favourite ones as they were his first boxers and a present from me (ah, how sweet :? )
I then worked out that they are 21 years old! He wears them on average twice a week so they have been worn over 2100 times!! Not bad value for a £2.99 pair of boxers :-D

Does anyone else have any antique pants? )j;

Lucy x
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

They sound like real passion killers, Lucy, :shock: Seriously though, it's surprising how much wear you can get out of mens undies. I must have had some of my boys pants for ten years, the colours don't fade, and not a hole in site. They may well last another ten years, I may never have to buy any ever again, yippeeeee.

Ilona
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

When I married my hubby in 1987 he was still wearing two pairs of paisley pattern nylon pants yike* that he had had since he was 13 (he was then 27) and it took me a few more years to 'lose' them as they were his favourites. Funny things aren't they these men of ours :-D
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

My hubby's pants end up being dusters for cleaning the car or bikes!

Strange my hubby expects to wear comfy pants and yet when you look at the underwear OH's buy us girls - hah!!! :-D :-D

I think I can pick up the local radio station on some of my top bits of undergarments with the amount of underwiring in them!! (I'm trying to be a lady here and discreet). )t'
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I have given up with the top bits, Bluebell, don't need them with all these layers on. Will get them out in the spring, the undergarments I mean. ha ha.

Ilona
ChooksAway!
Lively Laner

Post by ChooksAway! »

I bought my dressing gown in 1994, I still wear it every day (it's horrible too, dark blue tartan, nothing to recommend it!).

OH bought me a rather nice thick towelling one, lovely shade of orange, with a big hood, it's really cosy but I can't wear it cos it's so thick it's really heavy and it wears me out just to walk around in it!

So I can't buy another one cos I feel guilty about the orange one even though I will never wear it so it will be dark blue tartan til the grave I fear!

CA!
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

hehe.

It's no secret that retired England Wicket Keeper Jack Russell wore the same under garmets through his career. In fact, part of the reason he was dropped from England (and he was the best) was over his refusal to not wear his hat - full of superstition and I can assure you hands on - it's all true !
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome