Missing a trick

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Russell
Lively Laner

Missing a trick

Post by Russell »

Richard

I'm still making my way around the website and found that you have info on camping and cycling. Why not cycle camping?

I've done this quite a few times, and with the right kit you can do it really cheaply, particularly if you free camp.

This year I took my 10 year old son on a 130 mile cycle camping trip to the Wales coast. We did it as a charity ride for Oesophageal Cancer Care - raising over £900. Those 4 days were some of the best of my 45 years. I really loved the whole thing, and to spend such quality time with a young son is priceless.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the-edens/ ... 4465/show/
b_cos_1_can

Post by b_cos_1_can »

wow thats amazing! :-D
i couldnt cycle 5 miles let alone 130! :oops:
hands up to you and yours for doing this and raising so much money for a cause that not many know about!
will you be doing another next year?
were than any injuries other than the scratched leg (ouch) :shock:

best wishes

kat x
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

Missing a trick

Post by AnnaB »

Well done Russell on your fund raising. I always went camping in the past when the kids were young (no money) but I think at my age I couldn't cope with canvas and definitely not a bike!
wendy

Post by wendy »

Good for you both, well done.
I used to cycle when I was in my late 20's but not now. I have never been camping as an adult, I like my comfort I am afraid.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Yes, that's a good idea and well done also for your hard work.

I've done quite a lot of camping in my time, years ago in the Scouts. This included cycle camping, canoeing and other types which make your body hurt!!

Maybe you'd fancy doing a article and we'll link it to your website?

PM me with your thoughts. From recent stat trends, I think we're about to raise up to PR5, so it would be quite a strong link.

Entirely up to you

Cheers, Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome