Pallet pig house

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
manda

Pallet pig house

Post by manda »

Well hubby has all but finished it - we needed another pig house - so took the timber off the 5 metre pallets we have. Used the iron we found behind the barn so the only cost has been the nails....liking this a lot!!
Just a little bit more iron to go on and then trim off the front - builder friend of ours said he will get some iron to make the ridge thingy to go across the top and all done (then hopefully our pigs are going to have piglets in in summer and we'll have houses ready for them)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Steve the Gas

Re: Peallet pig house

Post by Steve the Gas »

Nice one )t'

No door cover needed?
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Re: Peallet pig house

Post by Richard »

Crikey Manda, another great effort.

Don't think they're supposed to have doors Steve, Postman just throws any letters straight in )j;
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
manda

Re: Pallet pig house

Post by manda »

Got it in one Richard :-D

No no door needed Steve. I get the shredded paper from work (get lots of that on a hospital ward )t' ) and gives us loads of free bedding and warm and toastie pigs.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Giles
Lively Laner

Post by Giles »

Thats really cool =D
Im inspired now, my dad has loads of pallets, hopefully i'll beable to lay my hands on some =D
Blondie & Stevie
GrahamNR17
Lively Laner

Post by GrahamNR17 »

Excellent, nice job )t'
They said "Smile, things could be worse."
So I smiled.................and things got worse.
manda

Post by manda »

It gets better...we discovered 6 metre pallets!!!!!!

Now this will be for a project a bit down the track but hubby has decided that he is going to build a new chook house with a feed shed on the end and access to the nest boxes from in there...6 metre pallets are going to be the great for making the shiplap for the outer walls....so hopefully pics in the not so distant future
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

foghornleghorn2
Legendary Laner

Post by foghornleghorn2 »

6 metre pallets yike*

Wow thats big, how do you get them home :-D

Great pig house, can't wait to see the chook house )c(
[center]Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit[/center]

Calm down dear ! It's only a forum
manda

Post by manda »

Fortunately we have a large trailer (hubby had for shifting tree stuff) so we can get them on there with an overhang at the front and back. They come apart easier than the 5 metre ones so we're getting some good timber out of them )t'
I can't wait to see the house either ...I'm going to need more as all mine seem to be going broody. I've got one girl sat in the main chook house at the moment sat on 7 Araucana eggs (blue ones), then today I finally found my other girl who keeps wandering off sat in the shelter belt ...don't know how many eggs she's sat on but given theat Blanche turned up with 11 chicks I daren't think!! :-D
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Giles
Lively Laner

Post by Giles »

manda wrote:I can't wait to see the house either ...I'm going to need more as all mine seem to be going broody. I've got one girl sat in the main chook house at the moment sat on 7 Araucana eggs (blue ones), then today I finally found my other girl who keeps wandering off sat in the shelter belt ...don't know how many eggs she's sat on but given theat Blanche turned up with 11 chicks I daren't think!! :-D

Your gonna have your work cut out by the sounds of it!
Blondie & Stevie
redd_angel55
Legendary Laner

Post by redd_angel55 »

New chook and pig house? I've got a better idea Manda! Build a holiday cottage out of the pallets and we'll rent it when we come over, hot tub optional of course!!! LOL )t' )t'
Slave to 3 children, 1 Greyhound, 1 Cat, 4 rescued hens and a very patient hubby x
R.I.P: Ellie, Phoebe, Tikka

Freshstart for hens collection point Aylesbury, Bucks
manda

Post by manda »

Funny you should say that!!! OH and I were talking today and would love (way distant future thing though) to buy a large farm (say 100acres) and do free range egg and bacon. In addition we said we could put a couple of 2 bed places on it (you can sleep out style buildings over here that are great) and then do homestay....so you never know )t' (and of course we'd ahve to include the hot tub :-D
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

redd_angel55
Legendary Laner

Post by redd_angel55 »

Oh what a great idea! )c( A caravan with a paddling pool would do for now. We are not fussy :-D
Slave to 3 children, 1 Greyhound, 1 Cat, 4 rescued hens and a very patient hubby x
R.I.P: Ellie, Phoebe, Tikka

Freshstart for hens collection point Aylesbury, Bucks
Dinchy
Legendary Laner

Post by Dinchy »

redd_angel55 wrote:Oh what a great idea! )c( A caravan with a paddling pool would do for now. We are not fussy :-D

{rofwl} I'll second that one )t'