Security gate

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Security gate

Post by Meanqueen »

This is my idea for keeping dogs in while letting cats out, but the hole at the bottom needs adjusting before Henry dog comes again because he can squeeze through it, ha ha.
View from the inside with the door closed.

Outside the back door I have a covered back passage with a door at each end. A door opens outwards out onto the ermm! patio, it has glass panes. I kicked the bottom one out so the cats can come and go. Well spotted, yes I have painted over the glass. :oops:

I measured the gap and found a pallet which almost fit it. I had already started dismantling it, so I cut a couple of inches off the end so it fits tightly wedged into the gap, and added a few more bits of wood, and hey presto, a security gate. In the summer I always have the doors open, so this might put off any unwanted visitors who might want to chance their luck, not that we get hardly any round here.
Looking out with the door open

Looking in with the door open
At the moment it is removable, but I might find a way of locking it to the door frame. As a temporary measure I can wrap a chain round the door handle and round the pallet and secure with a padlock. Perhaps something like this could be installed on sheds or outbuildings, on the outside to act as a visual deterrant to thieves.

Ilona
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Re: Security gate

Post by kate egg »

Looks like a good cat / dog solution Ilona )t'
pugmum
Lively Laner

Re: Security gate

Post by pugmum »

Ilona you are clever!
Julie x