Project shed

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
Georgee
Lively Laner

Project shed

Post by Georgee »

If projects and sheds dont interest you ... then read no further!

When I moved to Wiltshire I inherited a shed right at the top of the hill blocking both mine and my neighbours sun! It was a very well built shed in its day... but water and weather had taken its toll and it was wet and starting to rot! My neighbour also wanted to get rid of a small shed for a larger shed so i took that off his hands as well. I decided it would be a good idea to move the shed to round the side of the house which was dead space. The problem with that is that it isnt square a foot of the space it taken up by a brick wall and it is the only outside access to the garden. Here is the shed I built to fit that gap.
Image Image Image
This setup served me well for a couple of years, but the shed pointed out its negative points to me in this time.
The taper towards the door end makes it difficult to get items in and out. It also makes an easy chuck it in 'never to see light of day again' problem. Cheap roof felt is no economy, it splits and leaks! The overhang over the path blocks out light from the kitchen and when washing was hung under it (washing line already removed) made the path useless (or fight through Jez's socks!)
So this is my redesigned shed ...
Image Image Image
The roof has been done in corrugated plastic which is my only expense really at £33.30 and that includes the special fixings! (I think I can justify that) The shelving at the back has swallowed alot more stuff than i thought possible! The door has been moved to the side and I have turned it into a stable door. (there is a reason for this in my new business plan but that will be on another thread.)
Beauty is the the eye of the beer holder!
Georgee
Lively Laner

Re: Project shed

Post by Georgee »

So the exterior is finished ...
Image Image

Guess where the chicken coop will go ...

OH lost {rofwl}
Brakersway
Lively Laner

Post by Brakersway »

AHA!! )c(
A topic I can get on board with! A well designed shed!
Its looking very posh and well made, great work :-D

I will warn you though,,,,,
I fitted out my shed with the epitomy of well designed and built custom shelving last summer, to take any and everything that I would need a home for in the coming decades. And lo and behold, less than a year has passed and it looks like a side opening skip, with all manner of useful but forgotten items stuffed away in every nook and cranny, with stuff piled up or leaning against anything that I seem to need. )gr:
If you try to fail and succeed.
What have you done?
Georgee
Lively Laner

Post by Georgee »

Ah but I have a plan.

OH isn't allowed in my shed! Therefore it will all be kept in order!

OK who am I kidding ... I want to try and keep it nice though so my customers for my new business plan will be impressed!

But first the COOP!

:-D
Brakersway
Lively Laner

Post by Brakersway »

If its anything like your shed, Im sure you will make a great job of that too! :-D
If you try to fail and succeed.
What have you done?
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Some of these projects are quite amazing !

I feel another page on the main website coming on !
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome