Bundles of kindling

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
LynneP
DTL Facebook Admin

Bundles of kindling

Post by LynneP »

It's a great time to gather up dried branches, slats, and leftover wood from projects for bundles of kindling. If the air has been dry, as it has been here, the task is easy and it's nice to have stacks of kindling by the firewood when you want a quick burn in the stove or fireplace. Tie them off with used hemp or string and you can toss the bundle in, whole. I like to have some fruitwood in the mix, the aroma is divine.
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
~Emily Dickinson

http://goldenhillsfarm.blogspot.com/201 ... -farm.html
AL37
Admin Moderator

Re: Bundles of kindling

Post by AL37 »

Couldn't agree more Lynne. Its this time of year I keep an eye open for firewood etc. I do have a load left from last winter but I always take anything that is offered. Problem is a lot of the wood I am given for firewood I keep making into furniure. )grin2(
[center]Relax, I could have been a twin.[/center]
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

My goodness Lynne - that is very organised! I have a couple of old dustbins full of wood prunings and I always end up rummaging through in the freezing cold! :oops:

What a great idea though! )t'
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Mallard
Legendary Laner

Post by Mallard »

I chop all the bits left over from pallet projects and undercut Bee-n-Queue's kindling prices to customers strolling past my plot! )grin2(
I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money.
- Pablo Picasso
LynneP
DTL Facebook Admin

Post by LynneP »

Helen, whenever I think back to your wood adventures during last winter I get the shivers. The UK had such a rugged time. There is wind debris throughout the property that needs picking up anyway and David has so many wood project scraps, and there will be more! I put my stuff in little buckets and tie them off and stack them.

Al and Mallard- your latest projects are wonderful, so many people here make use of recycled goods, and the cost of wood is skyrocketing. We'll have some more barn board soon for bat and bird houses- good winter projects!
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
~Emily Dickinson

http://goldenhillsfarm.blogspot.com/201 ... -farm.html