Bodyboards

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Bodyboards

Post by Sunny B »

Just been to see a new dance centre that's opening nearby. The chap is going to make a floor covering out of bodyboards that tourists have left behind on Cornwall's beaches this summer - over 300 of them :shock:
What a great way of saving them from landfill. )t' There must be other uses as well, like insulation.
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
Meredith
Longlasting Laner

Re: Bodyboards

Post by Meredith »

That's a great idea. If anyone can come up with more suggestions on what to do with the things, I would love to hear them. I must have at least twelve sitting in my shed right now, which considering that Yorkshire is about as far away from the sea as you can get isn't bad going. My offspring holiday in Cornwall every year and every year they seem to buy a new board. I can't bear to throw them away. We did use a couple as makeshift sledges last Winter though.
Sunny Clucker welcome in Barnsley.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Hi,

I must be well out of things - what's a bodyboard?

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

For surfing with, laying on your front :-D
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I'm glad you asked that question, Richard, I didn't know what they were either :oops:
Ilona
Meredith
Longlasting Laner

Post by Meredith »

Well, if any of you want to take up the sport, I have plenty of boards to get you started. >mmm<
Sunny Clucker welcome in Barnsley.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

What's the difference between a bodyboard and a surfboard - I guess the answer's going to be about two hundred quid Richard !!

I shall google and have a look.

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
LittleBrownFrog

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

A bodyboard is shorter - you lay on it on your stomach. A surfboard is bigger, you stand on it (and then fall off shortly afterwards).
Slightly ashamed to admit that I've lived in Cornwall nearly thirty years (practically my whole life) and have never been on a surfboard.
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

LBF I've lived in Cornwall for 20 years, and a couple of weeks ago I had my first go on a surfboard - it was ridiculously wobbly and I didn't even manage to get to a kneeling position, let alone standing up! It was incredibly hard work, a real tough workout, no wonder you don't see fat surfers!
I love bodyboarding, though, been doing it ever since I moved over to the North coast.
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker