Playhouse chicken house...

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
Sejjie70
Legendary Laner

Playhouse chicken house...

Post by Sejjie70 »

Did I see somewhere on here 1 of those plastic playhouses that someone (possibly Al??) had converted into a hen house?

A friend (of a friend) is throwing away their child's ancient playhouse & I wondered if it'd make a good hen house for Abigail's hens. Haven't seen the playhouse yet, but was wondering what sort of job it would be to convert it for chicken use.
Sarah.
Mum to 1 hubby, 4 children, 3 Springer Spaniels (Max, Millie & Buttons), 2 cats (Sox & Frankie), 2 rabbits (Crunchie & Munchie), 12 chickens (Target, Speckle, Barbara, Margot, EggieII, Gomez, Sparkle, Glitter, Wednesday & Isabel), 3 geese (Lister, Smeg & Camille) & 4 ducks (Soup, Anya, Marble & Vindaloo).
perchy

Re: Playhouse chicken house...

Post by perchy »

Yes it was Al, and I think someone wlse did it too, will have a little look and see if I can find anything for you )t'
Sejjie70
Legendary Laner

Post by Sejjie70 »

Thanks - did a quick search myself but couldn't find anything so thought I may have imagined it or seen it elsewhere...
Sarah.
Mum to 1 hubby, 4 children, 3 Springer Spaniels (Max, Millie & Buttons), 2 cats (Sox & Frankie), 2 rabbits (Crunchie & Munchie), 12 chickens (Target, Speckle, Barbara, Margot, EggieII, Gomez, Sparkle, Glitter, Wednesday & Isabel), 3 geese (Lister, Smeg & Camille) & 4 ducks (Soup, Anya, Marble & Vindaloo).
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Someone had a playhouse as henhouse way back when the forum started.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
LittleBrownFrog

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Just attaching Al's link as LBF was good enough to find it )t'
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18516" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dom
Ali Woks My World
Sejjie70
Legendary Laner

Post by Sejjie70 »

Thanks )t'
Sarah.
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

LittleBrownFrog wrote:Here it is

)ot: but how do you do that???
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
LittleBrownFrog

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

you type:

[ u r l = h t t p : / / w w w . whatever blah blah blah .com] Here it is [/ u r l ]

but without the spaces. Inside the first set of brackets is the url you want to link to, between the two pairs of brackets is the text you want to make clickable.
Sejjie70
Legendary Laner

Post by Sejjie70 »

So much for me making a hen house for Abigail - my mum, brother & Ab's Godfather were unsure of what to get her for her birthday & when she told them she wanted her own hens in their own house they clubbed together to get her a small hen house, feeders/drinkers, a bale of wood shavings & a small bag of pellets along with some money to put towards hens! Should all be delivered end of this week/beginning next week so her present from us will now be the run (so I need to get on & sort it in time for her birthday Sunday).

Am still planning on doing the wendy house conversion though - friends hubby is going to drop the wendy house off here sometime in the next week or so. Simon's a bit bemused as to why I'm still going ahead with it but I think it'd be kind of handy to have a spare that I can use as a hospital or quarantine coop (even though that's what our present house will be when I finally do a shed conversion). Either that or we could perhaps use it for the geese when we get round to getting some....
Sarah.
AL37
Admin Moderator

Post by AL37 »

Always handy to have a spare. )t'
[center]Relax, I could have been a twin.[/center]