Log store building help

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Log store building help

Post by Babycakes »

Hello All,
My dad wants to build a log store. He has seen a few online but the bought ones are expensive and to get plans to build one from pallets is £10 :shock: so I said NOOOOOO! The lovely lads (and ladies) Down the Lane will be able to help!!
So has anyone built one? Dad has pallets and scrap wood to build his with, any advice would be very helpful! )t'
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Re: Log store building help

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Hello BC,
A few questions.
1/ Is it to store already seasoned logs or is it an open sided store to put logs to season?
2/ How many logs are you thinking of. Stack up what you've got and that will give you an idea of how big you need to build.
3/Is it to be free standing or attached to a building or shed?
That should give people an idea of what sort of thing to think about so you get the best advice )t'
Dom
PS I hope it is the wooden type of logs you want to store and are not talking about a green toilet :-D
Ali Woks My World
demonchilli
Lively Laner

Post by demonchilli »

Hi babycakes,couple here that are very simple to build...

Loads of ideas on fleabay too,I really like the one that looks like a row boat on its endhttp://home-garden.shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=log+store&_sacat=139956&_dmpt=UK_Home_Garden_Garden_Structures_Fencing_CV&_odkw=&_osacat=139956&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

Thanks so much for the replies!!
Dad had a read, tokit all in, lokked at loads online and built one from pallets and wood the buildres left behind when they built his extension last summer. I put pics on the DTL facebook group cuz I cant get any on here atm - pc problems!
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!