Some Jobs Just Don't Go As Easy As They Should

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Some Jobs Just Don't Go As Easy As They Should

Post by Totally Scrambled »

We've got an outside tap and for a while now there has been the sound of running water but from underground, so today as it was nice and warm I thought I'd grab the bull by the horns and fix it.
The pipe upto the tap is 15mm with a stopcock below it going into 22mm pipe. Easy I thought I've got pipe, couplings, olives in both 15mm & 22mm more than enough to do the job.
Wrong. After digging down to the feeder pipe I turned off the stopcock in the house and the water carried on running. Turns out it is fed from next door so had to find their street stopcock and turn it off.
Went back to the pipe and undid the coupling that joins the supply to the 22m, took the worn olive off and slipped a new one on, it rattled around. The supply pipe is years old and an Imperial pipe. }hairout{ So cut a bit off and down to the plumbers merchant. Got the bit I needed, which was quite big, so had to cut the supply pipe back a bit, then cut and add a bit of 22mm pipe to join it to the tap pipe.
So the best part of a lovely sunny day spent in a shady corner with my head down a soggy hole scraping my knuckles against brickwork {mr.angry}
Still it's done now and no more feeling guilty about wasting water :oops:
Dom
Ali Woks My World
Steve the Gas

Re: Some Jobs Just Don't Go As Easy As They Should

Post by Steve the Gas »

Got the Tshirt but only the once...... )w(

Should have mentioned it - I would have listed the risks.......... :b(
secret squirrel
Legendary Laner

Post by secret squirrel »

You have my sympathy. If I was paid a £ for every half hour job that took 3 hours. I would be very rich. Still, you succeeded and now its done. )t'
lorna {hug}
I`m not a teacher for nothing, you know!! If I was clever, I`d be dangerous.
Itchy
Lively Laner

Post by Itchy »

I did a similar job and ended up with a water feature in the street for 3 days and needed a new stopcock )t'
can't think of owt funny to write lol