HELP PLEASE!

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
p.penn

HELP PLEASE!

Post by p.penn »

Dammit, was trying to be really ungirly and to put my new bed together as much as I can while I wait for a part to arrive tomorrow, and I have really carefully followed the instructions and I have a pile of metal washers left. }hairout{

It didn't tell me to use them at all )ang but I assume they fit onto the nut and bolt thing. So, I take it they go onto the screw end, not the bolt end? The bolts have a sort of washer shaped bit on them anyway. What do you think?

Also...the rounded centre cross rail is flat at the ends and at a bolt hole in the middle. I take it that the flat bits go underneath, where the nut goes?

Help please - I have had to down tools to come and ask. }hairout{
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
foghornleghorn2
Legendary Laner

Re: HELP PLEASE!

Post by foghornleghorn2 »

The washer would generally go on the nut end to stop you damaging the wood when you tighten up the joint but if there are enough I would fit them at both ends.
[center]Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit[/center]

Calm down dear ! It's only a forum
foghornleghorn2
Legendary Laner

Post by foghornleghorn2 »

p.penn wrote:Also...the rounded centre cross rail is flat at the ends and at a bolt hole in the middle. I take it that the flat bits go underneath, where the nut goes?

I would assume so without seeing it, surely the destructions should show which way it should go. The nut (and washer) will need a flat surface to brace against.
[center]Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit[/center]

Calm down dear ! It's only a forum
AL37
Admin Moderator

Post by AL37 »

I agree with Foggy,
If the head of the bolt and the nut sit on a flat surface when tight then use the washers normaly on the nut end. Count the bolts and if you have twice as many washers use on the head end of the bolt and on the nut end. )t'
[center]Relax, I could have been a twin.[/center]
Itchy
Lively Laner

Post by Itchy »

Lol, loving the Girlie discriptions (sorry if it's sexist) but you sound just like my wife, good luck with the bed :-D
can't think of owt funny to write lol
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Thanks guys - I was waiting for a reply and saw my neighbour in his garden - he came and looked but he promised not to touch it as I wanted it to be all my own work! Ha ha ha! Have a look at my bed thread in a minute. :-D
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

did you utilise your super-human powers to get it sorted in the end Helen? :b(
Bah Humbug
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Yes. :b(
Helen xx