Freebies

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
foghornleghorn2
Legendary Laner

Freebies

Post by foghornleghorn2 »

Had a lot recently.

I have just picked up some old paving slabs that were no longer required, 16 in total for a small patio on the allotment.

I have been given a small shed by a builder pal who bought it for a big job he was doing to store cement in, must have been secondhand when he got it, that is now gracing my allotment.

I have been given/asked to dispose of three lawn mowers, one petrol rotary jobbie and two flymo's all working 100%

Picked up four fence posts with metal spikes and these are now part of a fruit cage.

Clearing out a garage came across a huge roll of polythene, this will make a good polytunnel when I get some time to make one )t'

Another garage donated about 5 full height canes.

I bought forty odd deckboards 3.6 m from Wickes reduced to £1 each as they were seconds, haggled and got the lot for £20 (OK not free but very close) they are now mainly raised beds and I made a waist height veggie planter for our back garden. They sell for nearly £100 in our garden centre, think mine cost me £8 )t'

Amazing what you get by keeping your eyes and ears open
[center]Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit[/center]

Calm down dear ! It's only a forum
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Freebies

Post by Annie »

Crikey makes my one free pallet from the back of the Co shop look a bit pathetic.
I am no good at being 'cheeky' so have to send Alex to do the deed
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
AL37
Admin Moderator

Post by AL37 »

Well done Foggy. )t'
I often get laughed at for slowing down when we pass a skip by the side of the road.
[center]Relax, I could have been a twin.[/center]
nippy_dee
Lively Laner

Post by nippy_dee »

I begged 2 lovely old spindle back kitchen chairs out of a skip which I happily sanded and primed.
They are now painted white and 1 is gracing the bathroom, the other atop the stairs with a vase flowers on :-D

If you dont ask you dont get! Simples!
'It is better to live one day as a tiger, than a lifetime as a sheep'
Family is Me, Himself, Dog, Cat, Goldfish and 9 hens - Milly & Molly (Marans) Amber Star, White Star, Storm (Bluebell), Speckledy and 3 Warrens.
cannyClaire
Lively Laner

Post by cannyClaire »

Wow, that's an impressive haul!

I've been lucky enough to scrounge the contents of two skips of Victorian joists recently, it should keep me in firewood for the next winter at least :-D