Old window blinds

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
LynneP
DTL Facebook Admin

Old window blinds

Post by LynneP »

Well I finally got rid of the old curtains in the living room (they became cat bedding in the barn) and three old roller-blinds. Found them in the basement, though and hubby explained: "I have to work under the tractor to get the mower on and to grease some parts." Hm. Great idea, once they are muddy and greasy we can dispose of them. Hadn't thought of that. )t'
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
~Emily Dickinson

http://goldenhillsfarm.blogspot.com/201 ... -farm.html
Mad Chick

Re: Old window blinds

Post by Mad Chick »

)t'
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
manda

Post by manda »

That's a good idea to use old blinds for Linda.. )t'
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Anne28
Learner Laner

Post by Anne28 »

LynneP wrote:Well I finally got rid of the old curtains in the living room (they became cat bedding in the barn) and three old roller-blinds. Found them in the basement, though and hubby explained: "I have to work under the tractor to get the mower on and to grease some parts." Hm. Great idea, once they are muddy and greasy we can dispose of them. Hadn't thought of that. )t'

That's a great idea LynneP Thanks for sharing that to us

And anyway i am newbie to this forum and i been studying and reading all you're comment and suggestion here and its really helpful thank a lot )t'

Kindly Regards
Anne )
drewwilliam
Learner Laner

Post by drewwilliam »

The roller blind mechanism is good, so don’t want to replace the whole thing, just the fabric of the blind, but can't seem to find anywhere selling the fabric alone.
manda

Post by manda »

drewwilliam wrote:The roller blind mechanism is good, so don’t want to replace the whole thing, just the fabric of the blind, but can't seem to find anywhere selling the fabric alone.

Try here
and here
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Hellebore
Lively Laner

Post by Hellebore »

I found a disgarded wooden venetian blind in a skip a couple of years ago, stripped it down and cut the slats into 6" plant labels to use on the allotment! They work a treat and look nicer than the white plastic ones. I've got enough for the rest of my life :-D