oven cleaning

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
pavel131
Lively Laner

oven cleaning

Post by pavel131 »

A goodly tip for keeping ovens easy to clean.
Bicarbonate of soda; pour a tablespoon into a container. mix into a paste with water, and then spread it on the surfaces of your oven panels. It looks messy, but believe me that when the next time you come to clean the oven, you will not have to use the spray oven cleaner. Just soapy water and the baked on residue, comes off in a jif
I am an Dyslexic agnostic insomniac. I lay awake all night wondering if there really is a dog.
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: oven cleaning

Post by Annie »

bicarb used in the right quantity is a really good cleaner for lots of things, insides of flasks to carpets. It can also be used to reduce smells, some folk put bicarb in a container in a fridge for this reason, also reduces the smell of vomit on fabric fibre like settee. Sorry for that yuk, must be because you brought up the subject of my least favourite task - oven cleaning.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
honeyfudge
Lively Laner

Post by honeyfudge »

Would this work on a glass oven door. I have tried loads of cleaning products none of them are that good on glass. It would be great if it worked, i hate those really harsh chemicals :-D
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Coffee is also a good deodoriser (sp) for the fridge.

Pop bicarb in old pop sock or tights foot and leave in stinky shoes and the odour will be gone.
Yes bicarb will work on oven door (check a small area first)

If you have a decanter or vase that you cant get your hands in to clean then stick some salt in cold water and swoosh around, works everytime.

Sorry but cleaning stuff is my favourite subject :oops:
tiameg
Lively Laner

Post by tiameg »

Have to say I found this thing called 'ovendoorshield' (as seen on dragons den or something) and it's FAB. It really helps. just Google it and you can find info about it.
I love egg. In fact sometimes I think I'm going to turn into a big giant egg. - Fr Dougal McGuire
honeyfudge
Lively Laner

Post by honeyfudge »

tiameg wrote:Have to say I found this thing called 'ovendoorshield' (as seen on dragons den or something) and it's FAB. It really helps. just Google it and you can find info about it.

Thanks )t'