eek advice please

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
Mrs B

eek advice please

Post by Mrs B »

A while ago someone gave me a tip on some posts to buy for temporary fencing.

I can't find the thread now and I have deleted the email from the company I bought them from :oops: }hairout{

They are long metal spikes with a sort of hook at the top, I was advised to but some second hand ones.

Sorry to be a compete dolt but does anyone know what I am talking about as I need to order more of the spikes, they are ruddy useful you know.

ETA ignore me I have found the thread, road pins they are called. Did I mention they are jolly useful
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: eek advice please

Post by Annie »

scatterbrain
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Indeed, now trying to do a quick search to find cheapest place but will leave it until after work tonight, I may get some green pvc chain link fencing too and do the job properly

EEK just seen price of chain link may just manage with chicken wire after all, it is just a barrier to keep chooks out of one area doesn't have to be strong
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Mrs B

We bought some pea netting from the internet. Several packets for a low price, can't remember how much now. Used them over the top of the run as a temporary measure. Now use them to raise some areas of our fence. It has been stapled onto posts, and is much cheaper than chicken wire, though how long it will last remains to be seen.
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

I would use builders temporary fencing, the orange stuff, with road pins.
Think it's called Netlon...sp
Dinchy
Legendary Laner

Post by Dinchy »

Steve the Gas wrote:I would use builders temporary fencing, the orange stuff, with road pins.
Think it's called Netlon...sp

comes in other colours - I have a roll of green. Jolly useful it is too )t'
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

sticking with chicken wire as I the plastic stuff would make the garden look even more like a building site than it does now. Wish they made green chicken wire that was only £5-£10 a roll like the ugly metal stuff