smoking!

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
teddymouse
Longlasting Laner

smoking!

Post by teddymouse »

has anyone made their own smoker?
i,ve just had ago at smoking salmon sides,i placed oak chips in the bottom of a10 gallon
tin bucket with air holes round the base,lite the chips on some small twigs of apple wood.waited till they started to burn well then covered with more chipps to make the smoke.placed another10 gallon tin with a biggest hole in the base on top,placed a rack with a salmon side cut in 2, skin side down,covered with another bucket.i let it smoke for about 2,1/2 hours,keeping an eye that the oak chipps did,nt flame up,i did salt the side for 2 hours 1st. the fish was tastie,but as i have never done any before,was wondering if anyone as an tipps?
angie
why is it these days that common sense and common decency aren't that common?????
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Re: smoking!

Post by Lillia »

No, never did it before but it sounds like a fantastic idea!
manda

Re: smoking!

Post by manda »

We hot smoke regularly but we have been getting together the bits for making a cold smoker (wine barrel etc) the only problem has been getting some tubing for the smoke to go through but we're hoping we may have cracked that one soon.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny