GreenHouse Heater

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
Cranford Steve
Lively Laner

GreenHouse Heater

Post by Cranford Steve »

Got my self a greenhouse heater at last. Its not a proper one though. Is an old caravan heater. Works on propane/butane. Should keep the frost at bay, if we get anymore. :?
"thou shall not lay a hedge, when the birds are nesting"[center][/center]
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Re: GreenHouse Heater

Post by Lillia »

Lucky you! If it works, it's a proper one. :-D
Mallard
Legendary Laner

Post by Mallard »

Don't wish to be a killjoy, but we've argued over this on the plots, gas/paraffin is so expensive now that you might like to work out what your veg value is compared to the fuel you might use, besides all that condensation! +confused+
I have a polytunnel and nothing gets planted until March. I have my home made candle heater for late frosts! :-D
I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money.
- Pablo Picasso
gromit
Lively Laner

Post by gromit »

with you there mate, the economics of heating a freestanding greenhouse just don't add up, south facing window sills do though if you want to get things away early, our spare bedroom does a lot of that this time of year, don't tell the gov't we are pensioners with a spare bedroom though, never get rid of em, the gov't that is
How did I ever find the time to go to work
Mallard
Legendary Laner

Post by Mallard »

gromit wrote:with you there mate, the economics of heating a freestanding greenhouse just don't add up, south facing window sills do though if you want to get things away early, our spare bedroom does a lot of that this time of year, don't tell the gov't we are pensioners with a spare bedroom though, never get rid of em, the gov't that is

I'll not say a word about your spare room if you don't mention mine! {warn}
I only have an east facing patio, but I've rigged up shelf and propagator in my front room,
I'm on my own now otherwise ..... )run( )grin2(
I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money.
- Pablo Picasso
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

)t' propegated all my seeds on our lounge/dining room window sill last year and have every intention of doing the same again this year :-D

Here's to a good lot of growing for us all this year {hug&kiss}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Cranford Steve
Lively Laner

Post by Cranford Steve »

I am only going to use it to keep the frost at bay. I wont use it to heat the greenhouse without frost. It is expensive, but I have acquired 5 bottles full so that should see me alright for a while. Here she is, the first line of defence against frost! )t'
"thou shall not lay a hedge, when the birds are nesting"[center][/center]