Inspiration.

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
Mrs B

Re: Inspiration.

Post by Mrs B »

Who will man the barbecue when you are behind the bar?

It looks amazing, your Mrs must be very pleased with you.
manda

Post by manda »

Oooo Al that looks lovely...a row of optics up behind and you'll be set )grin2(
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

You are a very creative and talented man well done. Youre party will be lovely to celebrate youre hard work )t' Linda
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Al, that really is a brilliant job )c(
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
AL37
Admin Moderator

Post by AL37 »

Thanks again for the comments. :-D
I am pleased with the way its going. Total cost so far for materials is still zero. )c(
This is this afternoons work.

[center]Relax, I could have been a twin.[/center]
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Amazing - it looks absolutely fantastic! I only wish I had your skill and imagination!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

That looks great Al, I can see that its going to get some hammer this summer when finished )t'
Dont ever grow up, its a trap
AL37
Admin Moderator

Post by AL37 »

Hasn't the weather been great? I have made loads of progress over the last few days.
I do believe there is light and the end of the tunnel. :-D

Previously there was an open trellis arch at the entrance to the yard, I wanted that area to be a bit more private so a pallet and a half was stripped to make these gate and a bit of fencing beside them. The old trellis with tha bamboo screening to the right of the gates will be going eventualy but I will need a few 2.4 metre pallets for that.

We have treated the wood on the front of the bar with a liming wax, to be honest I am not that keen on it. Hopefully in time it will weather and show a bit more of the woods natural colours.

I have made a cupboard inside the bar to hold a water drum, the wood is a hard wood and has realy nice grain and colours. I wish I could get hold of a trailer load of them pallets. The water drum will gravity feed the tap to the small sink. there will be a drum the same size under the sink in a similar cupboard for the waste water.

HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Looks the part now Al )t' , will you be putting any beer pumps/fonts, optics or a beer fridge in or will it be used mainly for cans/bottles etc ?
AL37
Admin Moderator

Post by AL37 »

Funny you should say that Bob. I our kitchen we have a fullsize carling black label fridge. How it got there is a long story but at the time the price was right.....£0.00. )grin2(
So the plan it to have tat out there somewhere.
As for the draught beer I am in discussions that could end up with me having a four way chiller a full bottle of gas, the fonts and a full installation at a hugely discounted rate. )t'
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

The chiller sounds good Al and does make a difference . I have a full gas system and knocked myself a gas dis board up, which can feed four kegs if needed. also have a chiller and a nice snazzy double lager font which condesates via the chiller . The amount of boozers closing down has greatley decreased the price these can be obtained for.
AL37
Admin Moderator

Post by AL37 »

You sound clued up Bob, this will be my first time getting to grips with running a proper system. Guess who I will be shouting for if I have problems. )grin2( )t'
There is a three way font on ebay at the minute, nice brass one. I was watching it and missed it but it was relisted. It had a 99p starting bid but didn't get a bid.
I clean forgot about it. }hairout{
Whats the betting it makes good money this time.
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

If I can help in any way Al i will. I,m no expert and it took me a long time to get to grips with it and I spoilt a few brews in the process. I started making home brewed beer about 4-5 years ago using kits then slowly progressed to all grain brewing, and the difference is like day and night. I use stainless steel cornelius kegs or corny kegs as they are known to store the the beer each keg holds 19 ltr,s and I have 8 kegs hence the need for a gas system of sorts. When I became reasonably competant at the all grain method, thats when the bar idea evolved as a bit of fun. I dont have as many brewdays as I used to now as grain prices/hops, electricity have shot up, also need to use lots of water to cool the wort down quickly via a home made heat exchanger, and since were now on a meter adds to the cost.
Orfy
Legendary Laner

Post by Orfy »

Good build. I've followed it on pintrest.
The corny kegs area great. You can fit 2 side by side in a fridge disposing of the need for a flash chiller.
Allotment http://taylorsplot.blogspot.com/
Orfy Blog (Food'n'Stuff) http://orfy.blogspot.com/
1xMaran 1xRIR 6xWarrens 2xMuts
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

Al, it is truly inspirational - it's amazing what can be achieved - the bar is great - cant wait to see the whole thing done and dusted )t'
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."