changing headlights

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
saint-spoon

changing headlights

Post by saint-spoon »

One of the headlights went on my car, a 2004 focus DTI estate. Oh well these things happen so I popped to the local car part retailer and got a pair of replacements. Now considering that I am an engineer and have been for the best part of 30 years it threw me ten left. On a focus you can’t actually see the back of the lamps without the aid of a mirror and I couldn’t see how the retaining clips came off. Anyway a couple of hours later, another trip to the car part retailer for the correct size lamp and most of the skin off my knuckles I finally achieved it. I hope that they don’t go again in anytime soon.
Bah Humbug
p.penn

Re: changing headlights

Post by p.penn »

I didn't know you could even change them any more. :? I bet they cost an arm and a leg too. }hairout{
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Sara

Post by Sara »

I - well the garage man, had to change the headlights on the car when we bought it...

If we wanted to put the car on french plates (english car) in order to be legal we had to have the french head lights put in and the english headlights taken out.... :-D
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I only changed the lamps, I think that the entire headlight assembly would have been easier. it only cost £11.99 per new lamp so a lot cheaper than getting it done at the garage. The retailer wanted anther £6.99 per lamp to fit them for me... I sort of wish that I had let them but I would have had to check that they had done it properly afterwards anyway so might as well have saved the cash.
Bah Humbug