Sticky Shower problem

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
Tink
Longlasting Laner

Sticky Shower problem

Post by Tink »

We had a carpet fitter in some months ago and gradually the deep plastic bendy panel at the outside base of the shower he removed has come half unstuck.
We have tried UHO and just bought some No More Nxxls . We have just tried again with OH sitting leaning on the bathroom door and feet pressed to keep the panel in place (3/4 hour) and guess what it has not worked.
What can you suggest please?
The spring on the panel is just to strong. We have books packed holding it in place against the readiator to review once more when we have the energy !!!!
Thanks )b(
}hairout{
silverback
Legendary Laner

Re: Sticky Shower problem

Post by silverback »

Are you able to screw the panel to anything behind it??..
I am old and wise, because I was young and stupid!.
Tink
Longlasting Laner

Post by Tink »

Thanks Silverback that may be possible as I think/ hope there is a wooden frame underneath. Will have a look tommorow. Would I screw through the plastic then ?
Any advice on how to do this as as you know we are pretty lacking in skills but like to have a few goes before we give up. Still waiting for dry weather to get up to the gutter problem }hairout{ and using miners helmet for the fridge }hairout{
How was the Breville then? go on order another..... you need food in your stomach to absorb those pills. ( sorry Mrs S )
silverback
Legendary Laner

Post by silverback »

Hi Tink,
You can screw through the panel into the wood frame behind, just make sure that there are no pipes etc where you put the screws! }hairout{ . Predrill the panel before attempting to screw it!, you can get mirror screws with a chromed dome cap to hide the end of the screw, to put a better finish to it!.......Just an example (won't have to be this long!!):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mirror-Screws-C ... B001KMP40S
I am old and wise, because I was young and stupid!.
Tink
Longlasting Laner

Post by Tink »

OK thanks I see what you mean. We have no drill ( can borrow one - yes I know :oops:)
Will have a go.

)wav( >mmm<
Orfy
Legendary Laner

Post by Orfy »

How about fitting a moulding at the bottom. A bit like the 1/4 filler you use at the edge of wood flooring. Image
Allotment http://taylorsplot.blogspot.com/
Orfy Blog (Food'n'Stuff) http://orfy.blogspot.com/
1xMaran 1xRIR 6xWarrens 2xMuts
Tink
Longlasting Laner

Post by Tink »

Thanks ORFY .....The base of the plastic panel abuts a carpeted floor. How would I fix it, it would have to bend.
>mmm<