cooker element

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
maz24
Longlasting Laner

cooker element

Post by maz24 »

Does anyone know if I have to get a sparks in to change an oven element or can I ask a willing guy to do it. Now Ive got to clean the oven!!
Marianx
silverback
Legendary Laner

Re: cooker element

Post by silverback »

Could be done by a competent DIY'r, probably would involve unscrewing/removing panels inside the oven, to gain access to the element, but if in doubt use a qualified sparks )t' .

This link is just an example!:

http://www.espares.co.uk/advice/cookers ... ement.html
I am old and wise, because I was young and stupid!.
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

As SB says, a pretty routine job for an experienced DIYer. Also may work out a lot cheaper (providing he does know what he is doing)
Dont ever grow up, its a trap
maz24
Longlasting Laner

Post by maz24 »

Thanks SB and H B I know a bloke who can. All Ive got to do is find someone to help clean the oven first ( cant kneel cause of arthritus and oven is on the floor) at least I now know its not going to cost ££££££££s. You lot are so helpfull.
Marianxx
AL37
Admin Moderator

Post by AL37 »

I have changed a few, the electrical connections are more or less the same a wiring a plug.
Having said that electricity is dangerous so make sure whoever does it competent. )t'
[center]Relax, I could have been a twin.[/center]
Americanlady
Lively Laner

Post by Americanlady »

When my oven element went bad, I took it out and took it to an appliance store and was able to buy a new one. It wasn't hard to put the new one back in, and didn't have to pay anyone to do it. Maybe your oven is different from mine.
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Americanlady wrote:When my oven element went bad, I took it out and took it to an appliance store and was able to buy a new one. It wasn't hard to put the new one back in, and didn't have to pay anyone to do it. Maybe your oven is different from mine.

I,m very impressed American Lady, very frugal and also the satisfaction you didnt have pay some one else )t'
Dont ever grow up, its a trap
Americanlady
Lively Laner

Post by Americanlady »

Happy Bob === Thank you, kind sir.
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

My hubs changed our one last year when it went. Only took him an hour and it saved loads )t'
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
maz24
Longlasting Laner

Post by maz24 »

Thanks all for your help. Job is done got a nice clean oven in full working order again.
Marianx