Empty Bottles

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Empty Bottles

Post by Richard »

Has anyone done anything more out of the ordinary with them?

Seems there could be one or two projects around this time of the year.

)piicy(

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Re: Empty Bottles

Post by mrs boodles »

I save plastic bottles for mini cloche type things for garden and have just filled a load of bottles with liquid soap detergent I made in the week. Hubby has scrounge glass wine bottles in past from pub for wine making.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

The kid's school has made a lovely green house out of 2l plastic bottles, they've finished up school for Christmas now but will try and remember to get a photo in Jan, it's quite impressive )t'
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oh there was a picture in our local paper, the firm make the plastic milk bottles and they'd made a tree out of them :-D

Here you go.....

http://www.mk-news.co.uk/News/Nampaks-milk-bottle-Christmas-tree-is-the-cream-of-the-crop-20121217150531.htm
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
urbanchicks
Longlasting Laner

Post by urbanchicks »

Hi,I use the plastic bottles fitted with an irrigation spike to water my hanging baskets,it makes it quicker as you can do more than 1 at a time,I usually have 11 baskets to do.

Maggie
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Interesting.

I don't drink Wine and other booze much but I'd love to have a wall with bottles embedded in it.

I've heard of a Greenhouse made out of plastic bottles but can't find the image again on Google.

Feel a Competition coming on with re-cycling - maybe Spring time.

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Post by rhubarb93 »

I've heard one of the Rothschilds built a catamaran yacht out of plastic bottles. While googling for it, I came across this, which is far prettier!

http://inhabitat.com/a-kayak-made-from- ... ana-river/
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

There is a house down the road from us where they have embedded the base of wine bottles in part of the wall - a kind of stained glass effect. I've seen glass wine bottles used as a garden edging as well (upside down in the ground, packed tightly in.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

When we had eggs (!!!), we cut the bottom off plastic milk bottles to use as egg boxes for giving the eggs away.

I love the Christmas tree and kayak, they look amazing.

On Grand Designs some of the walls in one of the houses had different coloured wine bottles embedded in concrete. They looked stunning.
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Post by rhubarb93 »

Spreckly wrote:On Grand Designs some of the walls in one of the houses had different coloured wine bottles embedded in concrete. They looked stunning.

Yes, I remember that - the whole place was amazing, and the bottle glass wall was beautiful.
AL37
Admin Moderator

Post by AL37 »

I have posted this picture before but here is one of my recycled bottle projects. Oil lamps from wine bottles.

I have also used a large pickle jar as a lamp and more wine bottles as tea light holders. I will take pictures of the others and post them later. )t'
[center]Relax, I could have been a twin.[/center]
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

I've helped with this
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
manda

Post by manda »

I cut the bottom off of the large drink bottles and use them as a funnel when we're making black puddings (not very glamorous )grin2( ).
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

One of our local primary schools has a Greenhouse made out of plastic bottles.
[center][/center]Davina
vegalot
Lively Laner

Post by vegalot »

Some of the more odd shaped spirit bottles, I have made glow lights out of, just a simple LED circuit placed inside, then filled with broken light bulbs, some are just a steady glow, others have flashing/moving type circuits, some work from button batteries, some from wall transformers.

As of yet, I haven't managed to keep one, grankids seem to be attracted to them. :-D
If a man is alone in the garden and speaks, and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong?