Slimey mouldy bathmats

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
chookmike
Longlasting Laner

Slimey mouldy bathmats

Post by chookmike »

Our shower is over the bath with a mixer tap. The bath is slippery so we have one of those rubber bathmat things with suckers underneath, but it goes horrible within a few days. We are too busy (lazy) to take it up and clean between showers and wondered if anyone has a solution to this problem? The bath is enamelled steel but not cast iron.

Any suggestions gratefully received

Mike
p.penn

Re: Slimey mouldy bathmats

Post by p.penn »

I just pull mine up and either drape it over the mixer tap or sucker it to the tiles above the bath.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

I do similar to Helen. We have a stainless steel container which fits over the bath, and holds nail brush, soap, etc, so I put the mat over it, rubber sucker side upwards. If it does start to get a bit grotty, I take it outside and scrub it. In over eight years we have only had two rubber bath mats.
Sara

Post by Sara »

I do the same as Helen, and when i clean the bath , just spray some bathroom cleaner on it and rince off along with the bath... Works a treat )t'

Ive also got a shower cubical, and liv uses a wooden garden slatt thingy in it to stop it from being slippy ( i cant stand it, it hurts my feet) , But that rarely gets clogged up as its raised from the base of the shower )t'
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
chookmike
Longlasting Laner

Post by chookmike »

Thanks all. Seems laziness is the problem here!

Mike