Trampoline turned sheep shelter...

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
manda

Trampoline turned sheep shelter...

Post by manda »

We had an old trampoline that had got a split in it so couldn't be used...it's an old trampoline and I think was on it's third set of owners when it was given to us so it's had a hard life and been well loved.

We've had loads of rain again and one of sheep (Margo...the grey one in the picture) was very unhappy with all the weather as she was shorn about a month ago and still needs a bit more fleece to keep her really warm.

She was stood looking at the house looking extra tucked up so we got a tarp today and cable tied it to the frame of the trampoline... popped some hay under it and the sheep are happy to get under and shelter or have a bit of a feed.

Margo is the most paranoid sheep we have and even she's going in there so I'm happy

We've got loads of materials to make some wooden shelters too (which have been given to us) - they are shuttering that was going to be put in the skip from renovations to the cinema in Rangiora ...they are some huge panels over 6ft tall (that were used for the foundations of the cinema) that would make a decent sized shed (or as hubby and his mates have suggested a mai mai they can put up in one of their hunting spots) and some shorter panels that would make low lying sheep shelters. If they don't build a mai mai I know some chickens that will be getting another coop )grin2(

Anyhoo for now I'm happy my sheep have got somewhere to go and where their hay can stay dry too.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
silverback
Legendary Laner

Re: Trampoline turned sheep shelter...

Post by silverback »

Great idea Manda )t' , the ammount of trampolines you see here in the UK just degrading in peoples gardens, and end up being dumped or left to the weeds!, at least Margo looks happier now! )t' )t' ..
I am old and wise, because I was young and stupid!.
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Manda,
That looks about the same size as our but ours still works and is used. Our GSD, Misty, uses it as a sun shade/ rain cover to lie on the grass. She has been known to join our girls for a bounce as well.
Dom
Ali Woks My World
manda

Post by manda »

Frankie (our ginger cat) is going to be very hacked off as she still used it as a sun lounger....I'm sure it won't stop her she'll just shift sites )grin2(

I'm thinking now I might have a look around and see if I can find any abandonned frames and clad them....could cable tie pallet strips around the outside and tarp the roof...we could have a village!!!

....and then I could use the shuttering for coops )w(
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Aspasia
Lively Laner

Post by Aspasia »

What a great idea!
Sara

Post by Sara »

Thats brilliant Manda )app(

You could use that as a base for all sorts of things , I saw a pic a while ago of the round base without the legs strung up between two trees as an extra large swing :-D
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Good thinking Manda and suitably timed with your winter rapidly approaching.

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome