New year new me?

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
Dorrens daughter
Lively Laner

New year new me?

Post by Dorrens daughter »

Today is the first day of the new regimen, to de-clutter and throw, so after breakfast its four huge bags of books to the charity shop and a car boot full of rubbish to the tip. I'm feeling good about it already and with my new years resolutions not to buy any new clothes this year plus "top slicing" my stuff including clothes to take to Bulgaria to use and wear I'm looking forward to more space this year as well.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: New year new me?

Post by lancashire lass »

)like( I'm also in serious declutter mode while getting the house prepared for the new member arriving - Lucas the cat - on Saturday. The problem is I find it difficult to take stuff to the tip (for one, our local one closed and second, my New Year's Resolution carried over from last year is not to see "rubbish" as waste but as a resource ... it was alright when I lived on my own) so now I'm having to give it more thought of how to deal with it.
Dorrens daughter
Lively Laner

I know how you must feel LL, in Bulgaria I just leave stuff in the lane the day before bin collection and it goes but not as simple here. I do put stuff on freegle but sometime people let you down and don't turn up to collect stuff so on the whole I find charity shops a better bet.
Dorrens daughter
Lively Laner

Well I've now managed to off load to the charity shop 12 large bags of books and the amount of stuff still needing to be off loaded is daunting and I can assure you I'm not a hoarder. Toy Boy husband who still stays at his elderly Mothers house during the week is coming over here soon with his car boot full of DVD,s to get rid of and he still has loads of stuff to get rid off. How did we manage to accumulate so much stuff? Or more to the point why?
My not buying any new clothes is going well but I'm trying to lose weight and needed a pair of jeans as I've only got one large pair for daily use, I managed to pick up an M&S pair from the SCOPE shop for £1. bargain.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Sounds like you have a plan and it is working, well done. )t'
Dorrens daughter
Lively Laner

Thank you Gwen, for me this is the year of getting rid. :-D
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

I got 9.30 pounds at cash4clothes .
rest going over the tip recycling .
De-housing which means 90% got to go.
Not happy but a forced situation really . Will be better.
Bob
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Oh Bob, are you having to move? What about all the hens?
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Dorrens daughter
Lively Laner

Still offloading 20years worth of "stuff" with lots more to go.