Chrysanths and gro-bags

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Chrysanths and gro-bags

Post by Spreckly »

One gro-bag of tomatoes is over, so I have cut it back, and dragged it out of the greenhouse, replacing the area with chrysanths, which have been in a cold frame during the spring and summer. My query is, they have grown very leggy, the leaves are mainly at the top of the plants, so can I cut them back?

Second query is about used gro-bags, and I think I have asked this before, but can I use the compost for potting up young plants?
Sheds.co.uk Half Banner 1
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: Chrysanths and gro-bags

Post by Mo »

No doubt others who really know the answer will be along soon. But I don't suppose you'd do any harm to pinch out the growing point, see if the grow bushy.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Thanks Mo, will try that. I don't want to kill them off, I bought some of them for one of Ted's birthdays, and have managed to keep them alive thus far.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Should be fine to take out the top. How far depends on how leafy they are down the tall stem as you must leave some leaves. It might also take more time for the flower buds to appear but your plants will be stronger. Good luck and hope you have a lovely show.
I am now a widow and live with Beau my little rescue dog, Mistie cat and Rosie my last chicken.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Thanks June.
Start your Amazon shopping here