I'm getting a greenhouse

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

I'm getting a greenhouse

Post by Meanqueen »

There was a knock on my door this afternoon, a woman I pass the time of day with who lives up the road asked if I wanted a greenhouse. They are moving out and the new owner doesn't want it. I went to have a look. Not a big one but free, so I said yes please. Her husband is dismantling it and will bring it down to me. He said he will leave it in sections and see if he can bring it without taking it all apart. :-D

Ilona
Mallard
Legendary Laner

Re: I'm getting a greenhouse

Post by Mallard »

envy}}
That's the sort of price range and delivery charges I'm looking for, for the lottie! )grin2(
I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money.
- Pablo Picasso
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I too am envy}} . How lovely.

How lovely for you Ilona. I have contemplated buying one in the past but I lost my last one - a lovely cedarwood one- in the hurricane and the greenhouses today are far more flimsy. Also the winds seem much stronger these days and I live in a really exposed position and the wind doesn't half blow!

Have lots of fun with it! )t'
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
silverbass
Lively Laner

Post by silverbass »

Nice 1 Ilona, I got a free greenhouse form a friend a few years ago, although I had to replace a lot of glass and make a new wooden base.
I haven't looked back since and love my greenhouse and what it allows me to grow.
I hope you get as much pleasure from yours. )t'
Smile and the whole world smiles with you
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

That's brilliant news Ilona )t' What a lovely gesture to ask if you wanted it rather than just trash it.
manda

Post by manda »

That's excellent Ilona )t'
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Sara

Post by Sara »

Oooo I am also envy}}

Have a great time growing in it............. I am trying to persuade mum to let me have a portable type one with no glass, just special fabrics and a few shelves, You cant actually walk in but it would still be usefull.

Sara x
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I thought you'd come into a fortune, Ilona. As I know you already have a greenhouse Mean-style.
Sara, mind where you put your portable one, a few months ago we had a few threads on those blowing away. Like this
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Sara

Post by Sara »

I had thought of a couple of places... Either in the chooks courtyard which is very sheltered or i have a glass porch by the front door, which is a bit like a greenhouse when the sun is on it. Still persuading mum though..... Fingers crossed :?
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Mo wrote:Sara, mind where you put your portable one, a few months ago we had a few threads on those blowing away. Like this

I have had one for years and have it agaist a fence in the corner wedged up against the house. I was so pleased with it that I got another this year for the front of the house . Although I tied it to trellis, it blew away once with all my lovely peppers in it (several ruined) and got blown over too the other night. Mind you, the first (and most disasterous) time, I forgot to zip up the door so the wind just got in and lifted it. My fault really. 2nd time my fault too I guess as I haven't got round to re tying it in. :oops:
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

It's arrived, flippin heck, all the bits. :shock: Good job I played with my brother's meccano set when I was little. :-D Going to need a spare pair of hands though.

Ilona
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Mind you Ilona, if you can get a spare pair, they will come in jolly useful next year in your new greenhouse with all that extra planting. :-D
Helen xx

Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

If you take the glass out, they weigh nothing, so two, maybe three people could walk it along all in place.
Re-assembling is a right pain, but with the right prep, shouldn't be too bad.

Good luck and well done !

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I'm going to clean all the parts up first, and familiarise myself with what goes where. Then I'm going to prepare the site, and ask around my gardening friends to lend a hand. I shall leave my home made greenhouse where it is, not in an ideal spot due to shady trees in the garden behind. I may turn that into a shed as it's pretty sturdy. My project for the winter months. I don't need to errect the greenhouse till the new year, as I'm not planning on any winter gardening.

Ilona
Birdbrain
Lively Laner

Post by Birdbrain »

these instructions could be some help

http://mrgreenhouse.co.uk/index.php5?ti ... ingGardman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Two other useful links for spares you might need
http://www.greenhousewarehouse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.twowests.co.uk/TwoWestsSite/ ... /SQHBN.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PM if you need any advice as I've just been through greenhouse hell and now I'm in greenhouse heaven

colin
The first egg is the best and the most expensive!