Council changing the allotment Rules n Regs

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: Council changing the allotment Rules n Regs

Post by Mo »

If you have an orchard then presumably this counts as planted with fruit. Is ther a way you can find out before you spend money on new trees, or would that be calling attention to yourself?
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
foghornleghorn2
Legendary Laner

Post by foghornleghorn2 »

Our allotments are charged on a sq meterage basis, the rent is very cheap. Includes water rates as well. about £20 per anum in total.
[center]Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit[/center]

Calm down dear ! It's only a forum
fiano60
Lively Laner

Post by fiano60 »

Hi sorry to hear about the latest jobs worth manuvers by another careing council but at least they cant ask you to remove your sheds as far as im aware they cant ask you to get permission retrespectivly especialy as they have been there for years .They are probably seeing who actually uses their plots hopefully they wont notice lack of fence between you and them )w( I would say has never been there anyway if they ask also volunteer nothing until they ask {warn} good luck sure you wont need it Fiona
foghornleghorn2
Legendary Laner

Post by foghornleghorn2 »

Sounds as if they are trying to get peeps who don't use their allotments to give them up and make way for those that do. Which is fair enough IMHO
[center]Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit[/center]

Calm down dear ! It's only a forum
lilac lill
Lively Laner

Post by lilac lill »

Hi RM, just seen this post.

I'm in north notts, and our allotments were re-measured in about October, and the bills adjusted accordingly.

As we only took on our plots last year, this has had no impact on me personally, but I know a few people are not pleased with the 'new' size of their plot.

Our plots are generally 16' wide by 150' long (that's our plot size), and myself and a friend have 2 side by side that we run as one big plot. The chickens are on a seperate plot that was classed as 'uncultivatable', next to ours, but I still had to fight the council to allow them. I am the first on our allotments to have them, but more are on the way )c(

Got my first bill at the end of last year, for £28.71 not sure if that includes water as it didn't say and I've had nothnig else through. I will get the chicken plot free for a year as it was overgrown when I took it on, and then will not pay full rent as it's not meant to be used.

From the outset we have had to ask 'permission' for any building - Shed, Greenhouse, Coop etc.

Our site is allegedly 'full', but there are some plots so overgrown that they impact on the neighbours, so perhaps as FHLH said, they are trying to shake it up a bit so that they are used as they should be.

Debbie x
Owner of a Silver/Pearl Egg Skelter.
Spud the dog,Bernard and Dave the rabbits, and 9 girls.. Ethel, Clara, Clarice, Strangeways, Muppet, Norma, Smudger, Gladys and Houdini. RIP Eveline x RIP my beautiful dog Doris. X

Another Sunny Clucker Trucker in the waiting