What topics would you like to see in forthcoming programmes?

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
Mad Chick

Re: What topics would you like to see in forthcoming programmes?

Post by Mad Chick »

I'd also love some tips on growing things in containers as it's a good way to start off without turning your whole garden into a veg patch.

Could we also have gardening for complete beginners? The full extent of my gardening knowledge is planting out a few hanging baskets every summer. I'd love to know more but I get confused by the terminology that I don't understand )t'
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I would like some sensible but not too technical help with pond upkeep. :-D
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
kattcollins
Legendary Laner

Post by kattcollins »

Mad Chick wrote:I'd also love some tips on growing things in containers as it's a good way to start off without turning your whole garden into a veg patch.

Could we also have gardening for complete beginners? The full extent of my gardening knowledge is planting out a few hanging baskets every summer. I'd love to know more but I get confused by the terminology that I don't understand )t'

Ooh yes, growing your own 'for dummies'. just last year I thought I would try to grow some broad beans from seeds in little pots, when they got to about 12in high I noticed they were developing these black spots on the new leaves so thinking it was some sort of disease I picked them all out, only to be told (by someone on dtl) that i'd just removed all the flowers/baby veg (don't know the terminology), I have to say that my family still bring that up if they fancy a good laugh :oops:
Stef
Legendary Laner

Post by Stef »

All of the above.

Also something on hedging. We have a hawthorn hedge and Mike has taught himself how to fold it to fill the gaps where he heaved out the ivy and I am sure that we would do more with it if shown how!

Are they just into the developing of yopur own space or would they also look at what to do with what you grow? Storing, preserving etc.

Or maybe hedgerowing/free fooding... something I am planning on getting onto this year (a good walk and free food!).
1 dumbo rat still without a name; 2 top eared rats Octavia and Ursula
1 Rhode Rock, 1 Sussex Star, 1 Blue Ranger - The New Monochrome Set

My crafty blog, it's Frugal too http://relovedremnants.blogspot.co.uk/
thehortchannel.tv
Learner Laner

Re: What topics would you like to see in forthcoming program

Post by thehortchannel.tv »

Check out our launch competitions at http://www.facebook.com/thehorticulturalchanneltv

We'll try and add as many of your suggestions as possible. Thank you for your support.
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Pollytunnel gardening
Bok bok bok
Lively Laner

Post by Bok bok bok »

Definatly container growing and maybe organic pest control? )t'
2 children, half a springer Spaniel, a Hamster, 2 Goldfish and an allotment. And a very excited, now mummy of some chickens again, Daisey, Dotty and Master Yoda!

A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion!