Wind? found Greenhouse in next doors garden!

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
Essex Bird
Lively Laner

Wind? found Greenhouse in next doors garden!

Post by Essex Bird »

OMG, its been soooo windy, was about the turn in and thought i heard strange goings on in the garden, put light on and went out to look, yike*
where is my greenhouse?
Ok so yes it is plastic but it was really pegged down well and its gone but left behind a pile of rubble which used to be my staging and plant pots still in one place. >coc<
Looked around with a torch and eventually found it in next doors gardens and i managed to reach a pole, slowly dragged it back over the fence and managed to grab the cover, too dark to see if the poles are actually damaged or had just come apart )gr:
Im really trying to be frugal this month so i hope i dont have to spend out again }hairout{
Mandy
x
live long and prosper
ey ey ya yeye ey i killed my mother.... la la la la la la la lalala gringo
http://mandysgarden.blogspot.com
perchy

Re: Wind? found Greenhouse in next doors garden!

Post by perchy »

Oh I hope there is no more damage for you, it is very windy here at the moment {cry}
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Oh dear - I do know that feeling as I lost my plastic mini greenhouse last winter - managed to salvage it and bodge it back together for the summer, but just before Xmas it went again so I have just replaced it with a wooden one and ....just off to look... yep - that is still standing. Phew.

I don't know what the answer is for you though - can you site it elsewhere?
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Essex Bird
Lively Laner

Post by Essex Bird »

yes i remember you stating that last year Helen, shame, well on close inspection tonight, some of the metal rods have been bent over and some completely snapped in half, the cover is intact, not checked it for holes yet but i think it will be fine, it was a stronger cover i got to replace the flimsy plastic one.
dont think it will ever be a greenhouse again, but im sure i will be able to salvage some of it to make some shelves. {cry}
I just have to thank someone upstairs as up until last week i was keeping my 2 poorly chooks in there, moved them to the new coop about a week ago.
i wonder if with my new woodworking skills i could build a wooden frame and stick the cover over it, or build a wooden greenhouse and cut out and staple the plastic cover in as windows? better get moving, will be needing it soon, have big plans for veggies this year.
Mandy
x
live long and prosper
ey ey ya yeye ey i killed my mother.... la la la la la la la lalala gringo
http://mandysgarden.blogspot.com
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

We've had really bad wind and rain. Personally we have been lucky only havings the girls water container blown over twice so they are well and truly paddling. Two of our friends have lost their polytunnels and our cousin had his chicken coop overturned. Our neighbour has lost 3 of his Conifers which are about 30ft high. Plus theres wheelie bins all over the place Luckily the wind has dropped a bit.