thought I would work in the front garden

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

thought I would work in the front garden

Post by Annie »

Its been left to overrun a bit with the likes of Ladys Mantle,Lupin, Marguerite,Geranium and Crocosmia so its time I got tough . I loaded up my little wheelbarrow and headed for the side gate ...........followed by 8 chooks ! With a bit of a struggle I got through the gate left the wheelbarrow down to close the gate behind me and ..........too late bloomin Norah had come through the gate with me into the cul de sac , I made a grab for her and only managed to catch her tail (sorry) phew that was a close one .
My friend from across the road appeared after 10 mins to see what I was doing and began moaning about the state of her backgarden and how she hadnt started in the greenhouse yet. Well come and have a look at mine I said, so we toddled round the back and the look on her face was a picture when she saw what the girls had achieved. Now her garden doesnt look so bad ! Her parting shot was 'its a bit like a little farm really ' dont think she will be coming round for a cuppa in the summer and sitting in my garden again, {rofwl}
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Sara

Re: thought I would work in the front garden

Post by Sara »

{rofwl} {rofwl}
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Ha ha ha! The awful thing is that is just becomes so normal to us!! :-D
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
secret squirrel
Legendary Laner

Post by secret squirrel »

Awww, poor you. Yes its the norm for those of us who keep chooks. But then again one mans meat is another mans poison. I wouldnt fancy a garden that looked `manicured`, somehow. I have Buddliah(?) and Lavetera prunings on my front garden, drying out before I put them through the shredder, so you are in good company. Half of it is weeded , well 2 thirds really, and I have yet to mow the lawn. :oops:
The back has been re-seeded but the old table and chairs `still` havnt been sawn up by OH, and are lumped in one corned and I still havnt finished tidying the greenhouse yet. Chin uo, mate, you will get there in the end. {hug}
lorna
I`m not a teacher for nothing, you know!! If I was clever, I`d be dangerous.
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Finished digging the bottom border in the front garden today at least I can see the earth now .
Can someone tell me when I am digging and struggling with pulling up roots that go to Australia , that any chap walking by stops and looks and then comments thats hard work isnt it or else give me advice on the way I 'should' be doing it }hairout{
Oh and Norah has a new game its wait at the side gate for me to struggle through with the wheelbarrow and then she jumps aboard and goes for a ride up the garden.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Haaaaaaa thats men and chickens for ya! {rofwl}
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

I would rather have chooks than a perfect garden!.......well maybe a compromise :-D
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Alex. & Annie wrote:Finished digging the bottom border in the front garden today at least I can see the earth now .
Can someone tell me when I am digging and struggling with pulling up roots that go to Australia , that any chap walking by stops and looks and then comments thats hard work isnt it or else give me advice on the way I 'should' be doing it }hairout{
Oh and Norah has a new game its wait at the side gate for me to struggle through with the wheelbarrow and then she jumps aboard and goes for a ride up the garden.

That's the trouble with working on the front garden. I live on a corner and everyone sees me. I spend as much time dodging people that I see coming as I do gardening. One lady in particular stops and gets her cigaretts out so I know then that I'm having to chat and have advice given for some time. I do like to see people but it can be annoying when you want to get a job done.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.