top tip

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
saint-spoon

top tip

Post by saint-spoon »

Never decide to rid your garden of a newly discovered patch of brambles clad only in T-shirt, shorts and flip-flops. The addition of sturdy gardening gloves adds little in the way of protection. {warn}
The brambles had snuck in from in between the side of our garage and next door’s fence and needed to be un-snuck. {mr.angry}
Apart from that poor decision it was a very productive day in the garden and I am pretty much sorted for a week or two.
:-D
Bah Humbug
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Re: top tip

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Let's just hope your good wife was witness to your valiant battle with the brambles or you might have some explaining to do :-D
Dom
Ali Woks My World
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

I would also like to add a tip, never stand up to tug out stubborn roots when they is a small holly bush behind you.

Good job it was a big knickers day {cry}
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

I'm a bit like that. When I'm trying to tidy up I always seem to find the one stinging nettle in the patch. Or as I have to sit and do the weeding, the smallest of nettles always find my feet and ankles.
secret squirrel
Legendary Laner

Post by secret squirrel »

My daughters moved in December to a house where the garden foliage more or less met in the middle. yike* The only thing to do was to attack it with power tools. A hedge trimmer , a strimmer and a chain saw. They actually have a nice little garden underneath it all, and yes..............my daughter was wearing flip-flops which were rapidly exchanged for trainers. Left all the gear with them. They can finish it off themselves..
lorna
I`m not a teacher for nothing, you know!! If I was clever, I`d be dangerous.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

You'll know better next time! Glad you had a good day after being stung and hopefully you got that lovely satisfied feeling at the end of it. )t'
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Hope you're not too battered, bruised and sore today S )t'

Another little top tip from me......

Don't paint the decking with your flip flops and white shorts on {warn}

Which I decided to do on Friday. Ended up covered in 'natural cedar'.... just about got rid of it now after a good scrub {rofwl}

The shorts are now white again after a 60degree wash too, phew!
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Post by lizziedoggarden »

If you'd done your arms and legs you'd been sorted for your fake tanning sessions {rofwl}
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

lizziedoggarden wrote:If you'd done your arms and legs you'd been sorted for your fake tanning sessions {rofwl}

Oooh yeah, I got it all over my arms too and my nice pink gardening gloves as well Lizzie!

I looked just like I'd had the Indian Henna patterns done {rofwl}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.