Peony in flower

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Peony in flower

Post by albertajune »

I don't know the name of this beautiful peony, but it never fails to impress me.
It came out into flower this last week and will flower for a long time yet. When finished, the leaves turn a lovely red.
Thought I'd like to share it Imagewith you gardening enthusiasts.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: Peony in flower

Post by lancashire lass »

it's lovely )t' It looks just like the ones my grandmother had in her front garden
perchy

Post by perchy »

That is gorgeous, they always look so lovely :-D
manda

Post by manda »

I love Peonies and that is a beautiful colour :-D
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

I have never tried a peony as remember being told they can be fussy , either grow well as yours does or fail miserably if the spot isnt quite right. June are they difficult ?
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
ChrisG

Post by ChrisG »

That is so beautiful. Mine arent flowering yet; too cold up here!

Annie, I havent found them to be difficult - I have three different ones planted in different parts of the garden. They just like to be left alone once planted - not moved, not pruned and (if mine are anything to go by) not particularly mulched or fertilised either.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I had one when I firts moved in and it went on for years. Almost the same colour as yours June, maybe a little darker. I think I dug it up for some reason. :?
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

I love peonies as well. When I was in Kent I had a lovely red one and a beautiful white one with a pink tinge. Did you know the white ones have a lovely perfume.
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

That really is beautiful June )t'
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Alex. & Annie wrote:I have never tried a peony as remember being told they can be fussy , either grow well as yours does or fail miserably if the spot isnt quite right. June are they difficult ?

Sorry I've taken so long getting back. So much to do before my op. This peony is about 10yrs old and has been divided twice. They do say that they will not flower for 3yrs if moved but mine have. One of my plants is in normal soil and the other, the one in the photo in very gravelly soil.
Where I live is an area that is heavy with gravel, so very well drained.
My husband made some great supports for them this year as they do get heavy and lean over; and touch wood, they even are standing upright after heavy winds.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.