It's amazing how much damage a girl can do...

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
tiameg
Lively Laner

It's amazing how much damage a girl can do...

Post by tiameg »

If you need to clear a garden - can I just say grab a Rap Saw as their fab!

I had to cut down a ton of brambles and trees to make a veg patch and didn't know where I was going to start as it was so dense. I bought a chainsaw from a well know diy place, faulty, tried again, chain didn't fit. Finally got one that worked and it wouldn't cut butter. My neighbor had a builder in who saw me trying to clear the plot with a hand saw...and he lent me a Rap Saw. Wow - I did the lot in 14 hrs, even cutting through 1ft thick trunks buy going round the sides. (got a bit into it and didn't want to stop)

Now I've been installing fences and raising the heights of some to 8ft with weld mesh - got me an industrial staple gun - OMG it makes life sooo easy.

Every girl should have a rap saw and an industrial staple gun! lol
I love egg. In fact sometimes I think I'm going to turn into a big giant egg. - Fr Dougal McGuire
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: It's amazing how much damage a girl can do...

Post by lancashire lass »

yike* yike* chain saws! Never heard of a rap saw though. I agree that to get a job done properly requires the proper tools )t'
tiameg
Lively Laner

Post by tiameg »

I have a sneaking suspicion that men may have been hiding both rap saws and industrial staple guns from us girls for some time....lol
I love egg. In fact sometimes I think I'm going to turn into a big giant egg. - Fr Dougal McGuire
ChrisG

Post by ChrisG »

I googled 'rap saw' and got a load of rubbish about rapping. What does one look like? Where do you get one?
Homemade
Legendary Laner

Post by Homemade »

Dunno about a rap saw - but I love my bow saw- I can clear gardens and prune trees no hassle. And yeah a big staple gun is handy in so many ways...
I reckon that many machines take so much time to set up and maintain that they take more time than doing the job the old fashioned way. And are sooo noisy.
Quand je serai vieille je vais vivre en France
Sunny Clucker, she came, she saw, she moved on!
tiameg
Lively Laner

Post by tiameg »

Opps typo lol (in my head also it's a Rep-Saw but I called it a rap saw for ages before I found out what it was called) Google Reciprocating-Saw.
They don't look much but wow- the damage you can do with one is immense.lol
tiameg
Lively Laner

Post by tiameg »

Homemade - I agree with you! I used to have petrol mower and hedge cutters. Always worked 'once' before having to go into repair. These days cheap hovers and black & decker hedge cutter are so good and cheap I don't bother with all the fuss of the petrol ones and am just careful of the cables. Found them to be more like having a demanding pet than a tool. "Give me oil, give me petrol, take me to the repair shop, overhaul me, maintain me yadda yadda." lol
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

That would be a Recip Saw then. :-D
issy
Lively Laner

Post by issy »

{rofwl} ha ha hubby is a joiner and we couldn't figure what a rap saw was! untilwe scrolled down.
Enthusiastic veg grower. Trying to be more frugal. Family:Much loved husband, son, 2 dogs, 1 cat and 8 ex batts soon to arrive.
RIP Dumpling,Boss,Plum, Pudding,Hoppy,Betty,Custard and Gerty our ex battys
tiameg
Lively Laner

Post by tiameg »

Bussmans holiday then for him :)
Tell him I said 01101000 01101111 01110111 01100100 01111001 :)